Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Sooshie

Default Fort Laud. airport transportation

We are sailing on the Enchantment in October. We will be arriving the day before our ship leaves and are staying at the Doubletree Oceanfront. I contacted a shuttle service through an airport link and they say they want $123 for the six of us in a van to take us from the airport to the hotel. Isn't this only about a 15 minute ride. Does anyone have any suggestions for the cheapest way to the hotel?
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2003, 01:09 PM
kody21

Default Re: Fort Laud. airport transportation

Sooshie, I use to live in the area. My husband and I are going on the Navigator of the seas on Sept 20th. I am not positive, but I think just calling a taxi will be cheaper. We are being picked up by RCI at Ft. Lauderdale airport I believe it was $32 per person (roundtrip). Maybe talk to the Cruise line they may have an idea.
Old June 30th, 2003, 08:32 PM
serene56

32.00 from FLL to Miami>?? I dont think so. A taxi is about 65.00 one way. I used larryslimo.com for under 200.00 for 6 of us round trip. Which is about 45 minute ride.
Now are you flying into the same place as your cruise?
Old June 30th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SRobinM

Sooshie,
If you are staying in Miami, you should try to find out if you can get back to the airport on a shuttle for the hotel and purhcase the connection to FLL through RCI. RCI has air conditioned buses that run between Miami airport and FLL for approx $16 each way. Not only do they get you there comfortably, but they guarantee you will make it on your ship. My travel agent was able to offer that for us. If you are staying in Fort Lauderdale, just take a taxi, I believe that may be what Kody was speaking of. We ended up flying in the day of and we're taking a taxi from the airport to the pier because our TA said it is much cheaper and faster than trying to take a shuttle. Good luck!
Steph
Old July 1st, 2003, 03:54 PM
DFritz

Enchantment still sails out of Port Everglades, correct? And you are staying in Ft lauderdale, correct? You are flying into FLL , correct? Then either arrange a limo service that should run you about $60.00 tip included (each direction) or call two cabs and this will cost you about the same as the limo. Try typing Limosine Transportation Ft. Lauderdale into your search engine to find the options and give them a call.
Old July 1st, 2003, 06:07 PM
Kody21

SRobinM, You were right, I was talking about departing from Fort Lauderdale Airport and it is $32 round trip on the bus. I didn't think that bus was too bad. Most hotels do offer a free shuttle to and from the airport and $32 per person round trip might be the cheapest thing to do. Also, what's about 30 minutes on a bus when you'll have 7 days on a cruise ship. We booked our Royal Caribbean transfers though our travel agent also.
Old July 2nd, 2003, 12:37 AM
Sooshie

We are flying into, cruising from and staying in Fort Lauderdale. I contacted a shuttle service that was on the airport site and he quoted me 123.00 for just the drive from the airport to the hotel (which is near Beach Place). I'm not familiar with Fort Lauderdale at all so I'm unclear as to the distance and cost. The RCI shuttle would be good if we were flying in the day of, but we wanted to see a little bit of Lauderdale since we will be there anyway. Thanks for all the info!
Old July 2nd, 2003, 01:06 PM
jlynd

You might want to check out www.floridalimo.com. This is the web site for Tricounty shuttle service. You do not need to make arrangements with them in advance but you may want to with 6 in your group. We used their share-a-ride service to get from FLL to our hotel in South Beach and it was $15/person. They use towncars which were nicer then the taxis. You could get a car to yourself for $55 with two of those it would still be cheaper then the price you quoted. I would also think that it would be cheaper because you are not going as far but I am not sure. I hope this helps!