Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Mmketeer

Default Re: Re: Navigator...cabin 8676?

Hi Josie,

Okay sounds good to me. <BG> How about the first day at Sea (Sunday)? Does everyone here have Early or Late seating? I am scheduled for Early seating...just curious.
Old July 18th, 2003, 12:17 PM
SamIAm

Default Re: Navigator...cabin 8676?

Early seating with my in laws. I bought my first cruise related item yesterday...a pair of really neato sandals at Payless. Very cute and only $12.99...can't beat that.
Old July 18th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Mmketeer

Hi SamIAm,

! Been there done that too! <BG> Boy great minds think a like!
Payless has a great line of sandals called Montego Bay...I love them and have bought a pair in Black, Tan and White. Plus, they were running a special and were trying to get rid of their flip flops so I got a pair of those too for only $1.00! Hubby thinks I am nuts cause I am bringing all those, but what does he know...a woman needs her shoes!!
PS
Maybe we'll be seated near each other at dinner! <BG> I guess we'll find out when we get on board and see each other's dinner tickets. I guess they'll be waiting in our stateroom or do we find out when we check in at port?
Old July 18th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Mmketeer

Hi SamIAm,

....Just saw your other post. I sure hope you share your grilling info with us, cause I am dying to hear more about our upcoming trip! Maybe she'll even bring in some photos for you to see from her trip too...lucky dog!<BG> I guess excercising should have it's benifits!<BG> No wonder you hardly gain any weight when you cruise....maybe I should start doing something right now too. It's too bad our Curves is over 30 min. away from us and no where near where I go to work. The closest one is in Tampa, oh well.

Anyway, I don't think it's a bit crazy at all to start packing next week. Heck, I have already started ...little stuff like the waterproof camera I bought just for the trip, the film for the cameras, the sunblock and sunburn releif stuff. Snorkels and masks, the sandals I bought from Payless <BG>, two outfits I bought specifically for the cruise, three bathing suits, three work out outfits and I could go on but I don't want to bore anyone. My hubby on the other had likes to pack the day of or the night before...it drives me nuts cause' as you can see I am a planner. ! Well anyway, he'll be packing at least the night before cause we'll be leaving around 6am to get to the airport the day of and I know he won't get up any earier that to pack!

Mmketeer
Old July 23rd, 2003, 06:37 PM
First Mate

The cabins in back are nice but you are better off where you are. I will repost the adivce I gave to someone contemplating a similar room:

We have sailed voyager 3x, Explorer 2x, Adventure 1x and we are booked on Navigator for Sept. Needless to say, we love the voyager class. We had a suite on the back of Voyager once and it was very nice. Some MINOR things to consider:

1>There is a steel superstructure on the back that may impede the view a bit. I don't know if this applies to this specific cabin but I would ask about it. Personally, I prefer a smaller balcony cabin midship without the obstruction.

2>Due to aerodynamics, the breeze is not as prominent in the back which made it a bit warmer. SInce your cabin is closer to the side this may not be the case.

3>I hate to sound lazy but being in the very back creates much more walking when you go to/from the cabin.

4>I don't remember but I think the decks might be staggered a bit (like a pyramid) and there might be some decks that look down on the ones below a bit. The upside is the lower decks have larger balconies. the downside is that if you walk out onto the protruding section of the balcony you may have an audience.

These are all very minor points! If you got a really good deal for this particular room, it is worth it. If you can get another room of the same cat for the same price, you may want to consider it.

Hope this helps.
Old July 24th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Tra4

If you want a cabin in the very back of the ship, one of the travel websites show cabin 1692 open for your sailing.

The above poster is right with the disadvantages, but there are also advantages:

If you are in the higher decks, 8,9,&10, the steel beams are not as noticeable.

The view of the wake is beautiful.

The balcony is very large, as Donna posted. Ideal if you can't find a deck chair at the pool to have a lounge chair on your balcony.

Most ships dock with the aft to the port and you get great views!

The long walk allows time to walk off those extra calories.

We love the aft cabins, very quiet and the side balconies are long and narrow, versus these are deep. Also, we enjoy the less wind!

Tracey
Old July 24th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Mmketeer

Hi Jasonalc and Tra4,

Thank you for your cabin insights. Donna I wish I could upgrade to that 1962 cabin cause I had heard that those balconies were wider, but that's a whole 'nother price than what I am currently paying cause it's two decks up from us. And, I have already jumped from a inside to this balcony. Oh well, I guess their is always next time. <BG>
It's good to hear that I won't have to deal with the metal railings that certainly a plus! And, I don't mind a long walk to the stairs or elavator, 'cuase I usually gain at least 10 pounds on a 3-4 day cruise, so I can only imagine what I'll gain on a 7 day... so every little bit will help! <BG>

Q.
Does anyone know how much the middle balcony rooms cabins
(8610-8628) will block my view to towards the front of the boat, cause it looks like those stateroom balconies pertrude out past mine?
Thanks again for the info...
Old July 25th, 2003, 02:06 PM
SamIAm

I think they may sort of block your view directly forward. We will have the same problem only in the other direction. We won't be able to look directly back toward the end of the ship due to the Hump. I am going to look at some deck plans, and if I need to correct this statement I will do so in another post. Don't worry though, I think you'll get to see plenty!!
Old July 28th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Mmketeer

Hi SamIam,

Thanks..yeah let me know. I was afraid of that hump thing blocking our forward view...what are you gonna do though? Right.! I guess you'll have to tell me how the view forward is and I'll have to let ya know what my backside view looks like, and the rest of your family can tell us how the wake and view from behind is looking!!
PS
Have you checked the rates for our cruise dates lately? I only paid $928pp for my room it's much higher now for my D8! Glad I booked when I did...
Old July 31st, 2003, 09:13 AM
SamIAm

Hey as far as I'm concerned, any view is a good view on a balcony. On our first cruise back in 97 on the Inspiration, we had a window, which was pretty nice, but we were coming back from a shore excursion on a tender and I looked up and saw some people watching our boat return from a balcony. I decided right then, next time...we'll have a balcony!! Wahoo!!
Old August 4th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Mmketeer

Hi SamIAm,

Yeah...I know your absolutley right. <BG> Cause' I know I'll be one of those people looking over my balcony.
Old August 5th, 2003, 09:12 AM
SamIAm

Mmketeer...just wanted to let you know that I am having more than your average problems with AOL at home and have not been able to respond to that last email you sent. I am not ignoring you. Just waiting for the computer repair kid to come out. I say kid because you know he's only going to be like 17.

Only 45 days!!! OMG!!
Old August 7th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Mmketeer

Hi SamIAm,

Hey...no worries cruise mate, I am just sorry to hear your computer is on the fritz...or should I say AOL is as usual... loused up (putting it nicely). Take your time getting back to the E-mails and hopefully the "kid" (cause I am sure your right that it will be someone very young) will fix your problems very soon. <BG> I hate to think your missing out on all the pre-cruise chatting fun, so hurry back pal!

PS
To celebrate the 45 day out mark, I went ahead and filled out my documents online last night!!

TTFN....
Old August 10th, 2003, 09:47 PM
LisaMichele

Default Re: Re: Re: Navigator...cabin 8676?

Could you please tell me why cabins 1388 and 1688 are coveted? Thanks.
Old August 11th, 2003, 12:33 PM
SamIAm

Why...well you get a cabin which is about the size of C suite/cabin for the D cabin price and you get a great AFT view, a HUGE balcony and its on the end of the ship, which means you only have one neighbor. 1388 and 1688 are two the best cabins on the ship.