Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Beginner

Default aft suite vs. midship cat D cabin with balcony?

We're planning to sail on the Vision in January and are trying to decide between a Cat. D cabin with a balcony versus a Cat. C suite, which is aft (#8588, I think, which is a corner suite). I know that the suite will be larger and the balcony will be larger because it's aft, but has anyone actually sailed this class of ship in an aft suite? We've been on the Grandeur in a midship cabin with balcony, and we loved it. Will we be bothered by the noise and vibration aft, or will the larger size make up for it? This itinerary has 2 consecutive days at sea, so one less morning of port noise.

We're thrilled with either choice, but hope that someone here can help us with the decision. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2003, 11:58 AM
First Mate

Default Re: aft suite vs. midship cat D cabin with balcony?

ShakerLady, I have been on both ships. Cat. D on the Grandeur and 3 Cat C's on the Vision. We had both sides (corners) on the Vision. They were wonderful, the balconies are huge and wrap around to the side. There is NO noise, as far as I'm concerned, there is no better room then the 2 corners, Cat. C, on the Vision. Book it if you can get it. You won't be dissapointed.
Old July 4th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: aft suite vs. midship cat D cabin with balcony?

I agree! Even though my corner "C" was on the "Splendour." it was huge and it's not as big as the "Vision's" wraparound balcony. And noise, to the contrary. A little more walking, sure but well worth it.