Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Passenger

Default Serenade of the Seas

Sailing 11/29/03 from Puerto Rico, southern Caribbean.
Stops...St. Thomas, Antigua,St. Maarten, St. Lucia and Barbados.
Anyone else.
Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2003, 10:26 PM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: Serenade of the Seas

Hi DB,
I just looked at the excursions RCCL offers in the So. Carib. last night on their website. Was interested in the scuba trips for my husband, but whenever one was listed, it always said, "This trip offered only on the following ships", and the Serenade wasn't ever mentioned! So I pretended like I was going to actually book an excursion (that's when you can tell exactly what is offered for sure on your particular sailing) and couldn't get the booking to work. So I emailed RCCL and asked about it. Today I rec'd. a reply saying the excursions are added just a few months before sailing and will probably come on line around the early part of August. So - until then, you can get an IDEA of what you'd like to do, but you can't be sure what the ship itself will offer for sure. Suggestions? We like the Trunk Bay/St. John tour that is offered at St. Thomas. Then in St. Maarten, Orient Beach is very beautiful w/many ammenities (we took a cab ourselves - and yes, there is a nudist resort at the far away end of the beach on your right facing the ocean. A couple of nudists strolled by, but by FAR everyone was clothed and there is much to do there. You won't feel uncomfortable like you might think. Believe me.) Also on St. Maarten, the shopping in Phillipsburg is great. (Marigot on the French side is nice to see, too, but not the shopping mecca that is on the Dutch side.) Antigua - well, we were just there for a meeting. Nelson's Dockyard and the view from Shirley Hts. is neat, but overall, I'd just go to the beach near Sandals or do a catamaran tour that circumvents the island. We haven't been to St. Lucia but plan to see the pitons and haven't quite decided what to do on Barbados yet. Have fun, whatever you choose!
Old July 10th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Kar06

Default Re: Serenade of the Seas

I'm goin the week b4 u...11/22-11/29...

St Thomas: Goin to Sapphire beach OR taking the RCI Water Island Bike Tour

St. Maaretn: Dawn beach, maybe Marigot

St Lucia: Hopefully Reduit beach...maybe the North Coast & Beach tour, which also goes to Reduit beach

Antigua: Long Bay Beach or Dickinson Bay...Crab Hill beach looks really nice, but I can't seem to find much info on it (where it is in relation to St Johns, etcc) besides some pics

Barbados: I want to do the Catamaran sail & turtle encounter, but we'll see!