Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Beginner

Default Is Jan. 3 week inexpensive?

I'm trying to get my arms around this cruising stuff. I haven't really decided on which cruise line I'd like, let alone which ship. I want to plan a cruise for my family - husband, wife, son 11 and son 9. From what I've read, I'm kind of narrowing it down to Disney, Carnival, Princess or Royal Caribbean, not necessarily in that order, because of their kids programs.

What is the cheapest time for a family cruise, excluding the fall hurricane season? We can pull our kids out of school for a week, so I'd think that going not in the summer and not around Christmas would be best, right? The best for us would be the week of January 3, 2004? What about early December? Any help regarding which ship, cruise line and dates would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Is Jan. 3 week inexpensive?

Hi Deanbrew,
Actually either of those weeks you should be able to find some good pricing. You may want to post in the "bargain finder" here and see what travel agents can come up with. There are some really good ships for cruising with families/kids, I'd suggest any Voyager class Royal Caribbean ship, lots for kids to do, plus a good kids program. Have you decided where you want to cruise to?

Here is a link to the BF if you want to give that a try and get prices and availability:

http://www.cruisemates.com/CF/bargfind/index.cfm

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 11th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Is Jan. 3 week inexpensive?

deanbrew...

The week before Xmas is usually the cheapest. The week of Xmas is more expesive. Check out some websites where they list the prices by week and you will see that the week before Xmas will be the cheapest. I'm not sure on the first week of January, but I've heard that you can get some good prices also.

I usually cruise the first week of May and December. I recently booked a 10 night So. Caribbean on Celebrity Summit and got an inside for $85 a day. I think this is a bargain for Celebrity and I'm sailing on December 12. My travel agent was even cheaper than the on line companies. Although she always gets me the best price.

I will not cruise during hurricane season, being I live in Miami. The weather in the Caribbean is great in December. You might want to consider the Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas. It has a great kids program and even a Johnny Rockets and the shows especially the ice show was awesome. This ship is great for adults and kids and the size of it is amazing. I think your kids might be a little too old for Disney.

Whichever you choose I'll know you will all have a great time.