Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2003, 12:37 PM
AN

Default Type of Crowd

I would like to know if anyone has sailed on the Voyager of The Seas, what is the age range and is it a diverse crowd?
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2003, 01:06 PM
SamIAm

Default Re: Type of Crowd

I haven't sailed the Voyager since 2000, but I do remember a diverse and fun loving crowd. There were families and couples, honeymooners and seniors. I remember there being a nice mix of cultures as well. Actually, it was that sort of crowd that led me back to the Navigator, which I will be sailing on in September. We had dinner with one couple from NYC, one couple from Kansas, one couple from Tampa and another from Texas. We had a great time and there were many great conversations because we all had a different perspective and accent! Too funny!
Old July 14th, 2003, 03:43 PM
alex

Did Voyager for the Millenium sailing. Lots of families, lots of kids. Since it was a holiday, probably more than the norm.
Old July 21st, 2003, 10:33 PM
SusanBratwurst

Default Re: Re: Type of Crowd

I did the Voyager Dec 15 2001. The crowd was a very good mix. There weren't alot of kids (probably had something to do with being right before holiday break). I saw a lot of 2 and 3 generation groups. I am in my mid 30's and was traveling alone, at our dinner table there were 6 of us in our 30's traveling alone, a couple in their 50's who brought his 70's mother, a woman who was in her late 80's and a couple in their late 20's.

I don't know what your previous sailing experience has been, but it is a younger crowd than your typical Celebrity cruise (by a lot) and just slightly younger than Princess.

Out of all the cruises I have been on, the Voyager had the largest cross section of demographics.

Hope this information helps.
Old July 22nd, 2003, 03:40 PM
Lady Jag

I'd agree that it's younger than Princess and has more families. It's a more active crowd too - ones that seem to be more fit and 'into' sports like what the ship offers (rollerblading, skating, rock climbing, basketball, etc.).
Old July 22nd, 2003, 08:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Type of Crowd

We're a 50yr old couple been on many cruises but this is our first time on RCCL & ALSO the first time we are taking our kids. They're "ADULTS" 19 & 20 yr old males. We're a little concerned that there won't be many people their age since we're going Dec 7th & right before xmas break .
Old July 22nd, 2003, 08:18 PM
Lady Jag

Default Re: Re: Re: Type of Crowd

Mimi - I think they'll fit right in. Yes, there will be more married couples without kids, but with RCI doing so much advertising on CBS during The Amazing Race & Survivor, they are attracting a younger, active crowd, IMO. Besides, there will be around 3400 passengers, so they are bound to find plenty of pretty young women to pursue! I'm sure they'll love all the activities the ship has to offer.

The kareoke bar and Promenade Cafe in the atrium are great places to hang out, besides all the other bars & disco. Don't worry - they'll have a great time!
Old July 22nd, 2003, 08:45 PM
Browezilla

My experience is that there are a lot of upper 30's lower 40's, and the entertainment targets the 40-ish age bracket. On the Voyager-class ships, I have seen statements from RCCL that 1/3 of the passengers are children...but don't let that make you're decision for you. The children have their very own sections of the ship, and spend most of their time there. RCCL, especially the Voyager-class, does seem more family oriented than Princess, Celebrity, or other RCCL ships. If you would prefer to be on a similar ship sans the children, try the Radiance-class ships from RCCL.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 12:00 PM
Passenger

I just got back form the Voyager on Sunday and I loved it! There were many families as well as honeymooners. Also, quite a few senior citzens. There were many kids, but they were at Adventure Ocean a lot of the time. A lot of teenagers. Then the majority of people seemed to be in their 30s and 40s.
Old July 23rd, 2003, 06:42 PM
First Mate

I have been on 6 voyager class sailings and the crowd is generally a very mixed bag. Generally very nice, diverse crowd looking to have fun in the sun. The only one I had issues with the crowd on was on Adventure of the Sea. That one left out of San Juan and there was a very rude crowd on board. I suspect they were part of some large group booking because they all seemed to be together. They were all from some South American country where people must be raised to be rude and inconsiderate of others.