Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2003, 09:19 AM
browezilla

Default Jamaica: Blue Mt to Sea bike ride

Has anyone on the forums done this before in Ocho Rios with RCCL Excursions? Would be interested in your feedback as to what you thought about it. I've only gotten two "data points" so far, both unfavorable.

Thanks,
B
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2003, 07:03 PM
sn2792

Default Re: Jamaica: Blue Mt to Sea bike ride

I have done this excursion. The sea part was great, but the biking part was scary. You are going downhill most of the time, but it is steep downhills that end up on gravelly roads. My hands were sore from holding the brake handles almost all the time. Some people had bikes where the brakes didn't work. The truck with the bikes followed you in case they needed to change out bikes. At the end of the biking part of the trip they take you to a private lagoon, where you can jump off a 17 FT cliff in to the sea if you want to. That was fun. I would not do this tour again. We were in Jamaica in June and did the river tubing excursion this time. That was a lot of fun!
Old July 28th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Mona

Default Re: Re: Jamaica: Blue Mt to Sea bike ride

Amen to everything the previous poster said. I too gripped my brakes for dear life. My husband thought it was the greatest thing in the world. I did enjoy jumping off the cliff at the end, though. Also, we went past a school and spent some time talking to the children. Probably the best part was you don't get hassled by vendors anywhere along the route.
Old August 16th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Jamaica: Blue Mt to Sea bike ride

just a fyi...i did the bike tour in jamaica and it was fun but i bought a video of the trip and they deliver it to the ship...ended up it was a different excursion then the one i went on so i wasnt in it,,,wrote rccl but they didnt nothing about it...so i advise against buying the video