Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2003, 01:58 PM
Mmketeer

Default It's 60 days out for Sept 20th!

Hi fellow Navigator cruisers,

Well, our cruise is right around the corner now as today (July. 22nd) marks our 60 day out mark til our upcoming cruise! <BG> Hope you've booked your excursions or are getting around to wrapping your plans up and are as excited to set sail as I am!

The countdown clock is ticking!

Mmketeer...Sept.20th/Navigator 'Westren Itin."
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2003, 09:26 AM
kody21

Default Re: It's 60 days out for Sept 20th!

I can't believe we have less than 2 months!!!! I am starting to think about what I will need to bring. My husband and I just booked an excursion in Labadee. After reading a great review on Cruise Addicts .com. Apparently there is a small island 20 minutes away that looks like the blue lagoon with crystal clear water and great snorkeling. They only let 12 people on the island at a time. We haven't booked anything else yet. We have ideas of what we want to do and will decide when it gets closer (which is coming fast).
Old July 23rd, 2003, 10:35 AM
SamIAm

Wahoo...but I use the really optimistic way of counting down the days. My figures as of 7/23/03 have me at 58 days. You know I don't count today and I don't count September 20th. That means there are eight days left in July, the 31 days of August and the first 19 days of September....to me that is 58. I do everything I can to lower the clock. Hee Hee Hee Hee...
Old July 23rd, 2003, 07:21 PM
First Mate

Kody

Just booked the labadee tour to the island. WHere did you hear it is only 12 people? They used to have one called the amiga island tour that probably took about 100. I hope your right, that would be awesome!
Old July 24th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Mmketeer

Default Re: Re: It's 60 days out for Sept 20th!

Hi Kodi and Jasonalec,

That excursions sounds pretty interesting...I might think about doing it too. Can ya'll share a little bit more info. on it? Like who did you book it through and Kodi how did you find the review on Crusie Addicts?

Nice to see everyone as excited as me! <BG> I already have big plans for my 30 day out mark...I am gonna fill out my cruise documents online and see the movie Pirates of the Carribean!!
Old July 24th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Mmketeer

Hi SamIam,

! Your right! That actually is a better way to count it...heck, I know I'll be leaving the house around 5am in the morning on Sept.20th so I def. shouldn't be counting that day! I think I'll use your countdown!<BG> And, I thought I was bad about getting too excited about this and doing the countdown thing!!
Old July 25th, 2003, 03:37 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: It's 60 days out for Sept 20th!

You can book the tour through the RCCL website. I think it is $50/pp
Old July 26th, 2003, 09:02 AM
kody21

mmketeer and jasonalec,

I just tried to pull up the info for you to read the review. I will have to look when I return home on Sunday. My business computer won't pull it up. I believe I looked under reviews and I think I had to hit Royal Caribben then it was under Georgia (I think). If you don't see it before Sunday night or Monday morning I will find it and let you know. I do hope it is limited to 12 people at a time, that is what the girl writing the review said. It was $50 pp through Royal Caribbean's web site. Any way if she was wrong we will still have fun. My husband and I are going on the 12:00n boat over to the island, from her review I almost booked both the early and late booking and just stay there. My husband and I decided not to do both (this time), if we get back there again and liked it we will double book. This way we can take our time in the morning before we head over to the island.

I am still trying to decide what to do in Jamiaca. We are thinking about the Tubing adventure. I am looking for other peoples opinions on that and other things.

As far as Grand Cayman and Cozumel, as of today we are planning on scuba diving.

I am getting excited!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for good weather.

C-Ya soon!!! Kody
Old July 27th, 2003, 08:20 PM
kody21

Mmketeer,

OK I found the review on Cruise-@addict.com. Click on Reviews, then Read Cruise reviews, then select cruise line and ship, then of course Royal Caribbena - Navigator, then look at Charlene's review.

She did say that they do only let 12 people on the island at a time, they have 2 different times, I believe it was 8:00a or 9:00a and I know the other one was 12:00n (because that is the time we are going).

Still counting down!!!

Kody
Old July 31st, 2003, 10:14 AM
SamIAm

Holy cats batman, we are at 50 days! I am not sure I have enough time to do it all. Packing, shopping, more packing, more shopping. HA!!!
Old July 31st, 2003, 11:16 AM
kody21

SamIAm, You aren't psyched are you? Well, I am too, I got on the web and check everyday for new things!! My husband and I have booked two excursions so far (Labadee and Jamacia) Grand Cayman and Cozumel we are waiting right now. I am so ready for the cruise, it will be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I leave Aug 2nd for a business trip and return on Aug 19 (hopefully) When I return we will have ONE MONTH left!!! I am psyched!!!.
Old August 1st, 2003, 10:50 AM
SamIAm

Me, pysched??? Whatever gave you that idea?? I haven't booked any excursions yet, although we are considering the Cockatoo Catamaran on Grand Cayman. Sounds like fun!

Only 49.....more!!
Old August 4th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Mmketeer

Hi Kodi,

Ah...okay I found it now. I think I passed over Charlene's review the first time cause she did the Eastern Carribean. Thanks for the info. on this excursion....I'll go see if RCCL's site still has it available. <BG>
Old August 5th, 2003, 06:50 AM
kody21

Mmketeer,

Charlene sure makes that excursion sound great, doesn't she? My husband and I are booked on the 12:00 excursion over to that island. We figured we could take our time getting up and getting ready and if we wanted to get early we could go to the beach that is close by until it's time to go. Cruise time is getting close!!!! I can't wait. I travel A LOT with my business, but I am looking forward to VACATION!!! Anyway, I hope you get booked on that excursion if that's what you want to do. But no matter what it will be a great time.

C-Ya there, Kody
Old August 11th, 2003, 01:34 PM
SamIAm

39 DAYS Folks. Why is this thread on the second page? C'mon let's keep it rolling!!
Old August 12th, 2003, 06:58 AM
kody21

38 Days now!!!! Yeaaaaaaa!!!! I am psyched, I have been on a business trip since Aug 2, retrun home on Aug 16, leave on another business trip on Aug 22, return Aug 27, then I travel to my cousins wedding on Aug 28 and return on Aug 31. Yes, I can't wait for a VACATION.
My husband and I will be glad to spend qualtiy together with no phones, no pagers, no schedules...........just tons of fun!!! I thik I will need a spa treatment too....The joys of a nice vacation. See you all soon!!!!
Old August 14th, 2003, 11:14 AM
SamIAm

Well tomorrow I am doing a "shopping" trip for the cruise. I can't wait. Its perfect timing because all the summer stuff is on sale. Better even, I am going to a discount mall in Michigan City, Indiana. So, maybe I can score some really good deals!!
Old August 17th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Kody`

I have to start shopping too!!!! The date is coming FAST, I am so psyched!!
Old August 18th, 2003, 04:13 PM
SamIAm

Here we are approximately 32 days out now. This last month is going to be soooo hard! I don't think I can stand the anticipation now...I can't imagine what the week before will be like.

OMG!!

Wahoo!
Old August 18th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Mmketeer

Hi SamIam, Kody21 and the rest of the Sept.20th gang,

I got some bad news last week and I didn't want to share it until I had made my decision over the weekend on what I was gonna do. The short and long of it is...I had to cancel my cruise and rebook. I lost my $500 depoist, because my wonderful company "Disney" decided to schedule me for a mandatory two week training class for one of the weeks I was to set sail with ya'll. They told me on Wednesday, August 13th and I have tried to no avail to get them to reschedule me for a different class. They told me all class were full and if I didn't show for my class I would be terminated and no I couldn't miss more than two days without failing even if I was to call in sick. They also said the directive was to have everyone trained on the new system by the end of September, so their won't be any make up classes either. I already had vacation scheduled for the week after our cruise and had folks picking up my hours for the week of our cruise...course they scheduled most of those people for that same training class as me as well. So, all around I was basically ......you know what.... I am however writting a letter to our VP and Al Weiss to let them know how horriable they are treating me with this situation and how much money I lost over the fact that they are not being very flexiable or accomodating. It could be that they are trying to get rid of me and weed out some folks as my 10 year company anniversary is coming up on Sept.24th and I doubt they really won't to spend the extra money it will cost to keep me and give me all the free stuff they'll owe me like a dinner etc.

Anyway, I decided over the weekend that they weren't gonn get the last word on me and I'll leave when I am darn well ready to leave! So, I threw the $500 out the window (cause their isn't a trip insurance policy out there that would cover for ...work won't let me off) and now they can't touch me cause I'll be in there in their stupid class. Besides, I had already gotten my new dates off when I bidded for them back in Jan. of this year, so this time if they tell me they have sceduled me for something they'll have to reimburse me if they make me cancel since I already had it off! It was just bad luck on my part cause we were actually suppose to have had these training classes done and over with before August, but the office just kept pushing the training dates back. I just assumed though that if it affected my vacation they would work with me...that's what I get for assuming!

Anyway, the good news is....I am now scheduled on the brand new ship Mariner of the Seas (out of my sorta home port) Port Canveral. Looks like we'll be on her first Western Carribean sailing too! <BG> The ship is almost full, so all we could get was a Cat.f oceanview cause honestly besides paying over $2,000 for a suite it was the best stateroom left available. Beggers can't be choosers I know, but you can bet I'll be searching to see if someone else has to cancel for my date that had a balcony booked!!

So, have a great time gang and I wish I could have seen your suite SamIam (please take lots of pictures) and I'll still cross my fingers for good wether for ya'll!

Happy Sailings buddies and I want a full trip report from ya'll cause I got a bit of await again for my next cruise date!
Take care ....Mmketeer
Old August 20th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Kody21

That is SO SAD Anyway, you will have fun on your other cruise. I work for the government and we have mandatory time sthat we can't take off. The week of the cruise is one of them, but since I booked it prior to the notification, If they did make me cancell they would have to pay me back for any money lost (to include airfare etc. (and I thought the government was cheep). I also invested in the travel insurance (just in case). I would be pissed at work too, but your right, you should have control over work, don't let them force you out!!! You leave when you want to.

We will miss you, but just think after all this you will deserve your cruise more than ever now!!!!

P.S. My husband and I have something to really celebrate now (I will be 10 weeks pregnant while on our cruise) So I guess Scuba is out for me, though my husband will probably do it one day.

Take care!!!!

Kody