Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Browezilla

Default April 2003 Voyager-class prices

Hi all,

I'm looking at April 2004 cruises on Voyager class ships, and they are ridiculously high ($1000/person for first 2, then $900 for each child). I'm guessing this is not the norm.

For those of you that have cruised Voyager-Class ships in April 2003 (yep, 2003), and you were in inside cabins, would you mind sharing the price you paid? I'm trying to decide on whether to give up on an April 2004 cruise. I'm hoping that the prices now for 2004 are high, and that they lower as the time nears, but I may be deluding myself. Right now, I won't pay approximately $4000 for a week cruise, inside cabin, on Voyager class ships, for me, my wife, and 2 children. Sounds awefully steep.
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: April 2003 Voyager-class prices

Don't forget that time frame is still during spring break time, so thats why the prices may be higher. We're going in Feb and we booked a D8 aft balcony cabin for 979, was very happy with that. So, it may just be the time you're going?

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 30th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Yeoman

I just finished doing a price comparison using RCL's Navigator of the Seas (their cheapest room) to see the price differences for the entire year on a Eastern and Western itinerary and I was amazed at the price difference from even one week to another.

Here's some of my results for April 2004:

Navigator of the Seas

(Western) April 3 $999
(Eastern) April 10 $999
(Western ) April 17 $699
(Eastern) April 24 $699

You can see how the price really changes. Also, depending on the ship the Western Caribbean is sometimes cheaper than the Eastern Caribbean.

PS The cheapest price for this cruise was (Eastern) Sept 25 $549 and (Western) Sept 20 $549. Holidays are always more expensive and June, July and August being peak season.

I hope this helps.
Old July 30th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Browezilla

Yep, I'm trying to hit my children's spring break of 4/3/04, so I hit that $999. Did you look at the 3 & 4th passengers? They only knock off about $100-$150. That's too rich for me. I just don't find that a good value for the money as I would be looking at $4k if you include tips, and that's before you add in excursions. Anyone with 2003 experience for the April timeframe, particularly Easter weekend? I'm just trying to see if the rates are "out of line" right now and I can hope/anticipate them lowering, or whether to bag this idea and do something different (like fund their college :-)

Thanks
Old July 31st, 2003, 09:36 AM
Victoria H.

We will be traveling during April 2004 on the Granduer. We had the same problem with the pricing but found a pretty good deal ...if you want you can email me off the board and I could give you the site we used. The reason for the price difference from April 3rd (April 10th) and April 17th (April 24th) is because those first 2 weeks are also the holiday week for Easter and Passover. What about going on a different ship class?

Victoria
Old July 31st, 2003, 10:20 AM
browezilla

I'm pretty much locked in to using the Voyager-class ships because of the excellent children's facilities.
Old August 4th, 2003, 10:13 PM
First Mate

I suggest waiting until closer to the the departure date, with the state of the economy I really belive that advance cruise bookings are really down, and if your a cruise line with a month to go with a 50% empty ship you start slashing the cost of the cruise because they really make a great deal of money once they have you on the ship. My wife and I waited about two months before a date on the Adventure of the sea that goes out of San Juan and got a great deal. Good luck
Old August 8th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: April 2003 Voyager-class prices

I too am trying to plan a cruise for the week of 4/10/04. I know it is Easter week but it is also the week of spring break and I don't want to take the kids out of school another week. If anybody finds any bargains PLEASE let me know... need help