Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Passenger

Default MrTractor Booked on Radiance OTS 11/02/03

A group of 14 of us (so far!) are sailing on the Radiance and are planning on a party of incredible proportions! We have a bunch of cool stuff planned. We are a group of mostly 40 somethings sailing this time without kids and plan to have a really awsome time.
We are planning a few get togethers that are listed below. We call ourselves FOMT or the "Friends of MrTractor." There are no dues, no duties, no required attendance and no secret handshake (we are working on that, though). I emphasize that all events are strictly voluntary and by invitation only. 7 cabins have booked throught the same agent to get free stuff like open bar cocktail parties, free wine or champagne, etc. But even if you don't book with our agent you are still welcome as long as we know you are coming and tell us a little about yourselves.

Here is what we are doing so far:
Sailaway at the Sky Bar - right after muster drill or at sailaway from FLL
Bamapaluau - Caribbean Luau - on first formal night out of Key West
Champagne Sailaway - Watch Grand Cayman fade into the horizon from the largest balcony on the aft of the ship while sipping champagne or mimosas. MrT and the Bronze Goddess (MrsT) Anniversary.
Farewell to FOMT- final chance to say farewell on last night right after we're all packed up.
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: MrTractor Booked on Radiance OTS 11/02/03

Hi all,

Along with Mr. Tractor I am new to these boards. So, If I do or say anything incorrectly or improperly please be gentle.

As MrT mentioned, we (FOMT) have a very funloving group sailing on the Radiance the week of November 2nd. Combined with another group of 11 which discovered on a different board, we have already qualified for a "FREE" meet and mingle party hosted by RCI. So, the more the merrier, please chime in if will be sailing on the same ship/date.

Regards,
John

A bad day at sea is better than a good day at work!!!
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: MrTractor Booked on Radiance OTS 11/02/03

Hi, PE!

This isn't so bad is it?!

MrT
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Passenger

Hi Jerry,

Actuall the interface looks quite good compared to the last time I looked at it.

See you in November,
John

P.S. See any of the rest of you sailing with us in November,
Old August 10th, 2003, 12:31 PM
debinnh

Hi guys. I read this board regularly to get ideas. Do you think FOMT will be banned from the M&M sponsored by the other board? Or will lots of lurkers show up just to find out if Mr Tractor really exists?

deb
Old August 10th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: MrTractor Booked on Radiance OTS 11/02/03

The Radiance of the Seas show band is playing snazzily as the well fed passengers file in from the second seating. It’s the late night show and everybody is in an ebullient mood. There is word about the Friends of MrTractor sailing this November and friends of MrT, Bama, Rumncoke, Planers Edge, DebinNH, Fourxk and the whole gang are anxious to see the envelope produced. They step lively to their seats even thought they have just come from a sumptuous feast, prepared specially by the chef in honor of the event. Chateau Briand and Lobster Tails were made available to anyone who whispered the word “FOMT” in the ear of the Maitre‘d. As the crowd settles into their seats, the din of conversation rises to a fever pitch. The house lights begin to flash and the revelers finally take their seats. As is the custom with all FOMT, there is no seat saving tonight. Each passenger has arrived in time and has made room for others as best as they can. They understand, it’s just the FOMT thing to do.

The house lights now dim to darkness and a single beam of white light begins to scan the audience as if searching. Suddenly, as if by magic, Cruise Director Ken Rush appears from the audience. He is dressed in drag. And as he leaps to his feet, the sequined dress he is wearing causes the spotlight to cast thousands of tiny specks of light to dance off the entire room. The show band plays a snappy rendition of the theme from Cabaret as Ken glides across center stage. The crowd claps rhythmically as the CD sings, off key, and finishes with a slide across the stage in front of the orchestra as his number ends. The passengers erupt into a thunderous applause as Ken rises to his feet.

Then comes the moment they all have been waiting for. A drum roll pierces the darkness and Ken speaks. They all understand the importance of this announcement. Strong support from FOMT means an increase in the prestige of Royal Caribbean. “Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I present to you the one, the only, one of the most well loved and accomplished cruiseaholics of all…….

BAMA X 2!

The show band blasts off into a rousing rendition of Lynard Skynard’s “Sweet Home Alabama” and the crowd claps rhythmically as BAMA reaches center stage. He is wearing a Hawaiian print shirt under his traditional black tuxedo jacket, swim trunks and spikeless golf shoes with argyle socks. Classic.

He speaks.

“Wow. This is really kewl!”

Applause of unimaginable proportions bursts from the hands of thousands. They start to spontaneously chant “We Love BAMA, We Love BAMA….”

Bama basks in the glory of the spotlight, but finally raises his hands to quiet the anxious crowd. He reaches into the pocket of his tuxedo and produces an envelope. It glimmers in the spotlight from the dusting of sand still in BAMA’s pocket from the last cruise. A hush falls over the crowd as he slowly takes a card from inside. He unfolds the card and with a devilish grin he speaks. “Ladies and Gentlemen, the current count of M & M members of FOMT is………….

Without even realizing it, the whole audience leans forward at once. The Gas Turbine Engines adjust immediately to the shift in the ships balance.

“………BITE ME!!!!!!!

Oh, uh, sorry, just couldn’t resist!

The Number of passengers going on the FOMT cruise November 2, 2003 is…..

THIRTY!!!!!”

Pandemonium ensues.

*MrTractor and Bronze Goddess (2)
*PLANERSEDGE and Rumncoke (2)
*BAMA X 2 and TW (2)
*DebinNH and Rick (2)
*MichVann (2)
*Fourxk (2)
*Fuzzdrumr (2)
Barbie and Ken (2)
Samdel (2)
Ceebee (2)
Archangel (2)
Polfrog (2)
Flying Phish (4)
Glcoop (2)

What about…..
AWH45?
PVDColleen?

Did I forget anyone!??!?!? I hope not!

Old August 11th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Passenger

The way it looks right now, the stuff we have planned is:

Saturday- Bamas Barhopalooza in Fort Lauderdale. Meet at the AmeriSuites at 6 pm.

Sunday- Rumncoke's Traditional Sailaway. Right after muster drill at Sky Bar Overlooking the Main Pool. Make sure you get your screen name and first name to her so she can create her famous heirloom quality name tags.

Monday- "Bamapaluau" Caribbean Luau at Sailaway from Key West. This is a formal night and your host, BAMA is encouraging everyone to dress in a Carribean or Hawaiian theme. He will be awarding a prize for "Best Dressed" based on creativity and colorfulnesss. Venue TBA.

Tuesday - Open
Wednesday - Open
Thursday- Open

Friday- Anniversary Champagne Sailaway Gala. Cocktails and Champagne on the Aft Veranda of Suite 1100. MrT and BGs 22nd Anniversary. Join us as we sail away from Grand Cayman on November 7th. By invitation only. Mimosas and light snacks also provided. 4:30 to 6 pm.

Saturday- Farwell to FOMT Gathering. After packing up, we'll be gathering in one of the lounges for some last minute revelry. I was thinking the VCL. Any ideas?

That's all I've got for now. I wanted to leave open some time for all the other stuff going on. Also the shows for the late seating are before dinner and we wanted to give everyone a chance to see them.

Do you think this is too much or not enough?

MrTractor<--------wants to make the most of his time on the ship.........

Old August 11th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Rumncoke

Hi everybody,
I have a dumb question. We are supposed to dress Hawaiian on formal night? Or is it Hawaiian for the sailaway and then go change? Sorry, sometimes I'm a little slow.
Old August 11th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Passenger

I will refer that question to our illustrious BAMA since this whole thing was his idea. Barb showed me a floral dress that she plans on wearing that night and I dont' think she'll change for dinner. Does that help?

MrTractor<-------has BG dress him most of the time............

Old August 11th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Rumncoke

Who all are wearing tuxes for formal nights?
Old August 12th, 2003, 09:45 AM
Passenger

I am. BG isn't. Does that clear things up?
MrT

Old August 19th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Passenger

Woo Hooo!!!!!!!

MrT

Old August 20th, 2003, 05:07 PM
txncruiser

You guys take good care of her, will see you on the gangplank on the 9th!!
Old August 20th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Rumncoke

txncruiser--
I hope you're not to fond of rum, because THERE WON'T BE ANY LEFT WHEN YOU GET ON! Yo Ho Ho
Old August 21st, 2003, 09:30 AM
txncruiser

OK FINE: Just leave the Crown alone!
Old August 26th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Passenger

Are we talking about the Crown Royal or the Viking Crown Lounge?

MrTractor<-------just can't leave any of it alone!...........

Old August 26th, 2003, 07:47 PM
txncruiser

I was talking Crown Royal but the wife and I would also appreciate it if some remnants of the Viking Crown Lounge were left intact.
Old August 29th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Passenger

Can't promise anything. Bama will be on board, you know...

MrTractor<-------thinks that the Radiance will never be quite the same again.......