Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2003, 01:17 PM
summer

Default Diving

Hi, I will be sailing on the mariner march 7th. I am diving in cozumel and Grand Cayman. Are the RCL excursions good for these dives or should I book on my own. And would you know what would be cheaper?
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2003, 01:23 PM
browezilla

Default Re: Diving

It will be cheaper to book your own, however sometimes it is fun to book with the ship excursions just to be around other cruise passengers. You're also assured of a quality dive operator with the ships excursion. Here's a good Cozumel link for dive shops http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/diveshops.html should you decide to book your own. There are several on GC also. Soto Dive Shop is one that comes to mind.
Old August 12th, 2003, 07:06 AM
kody21

Default Re: Diving

I have a friend that goes to Grand Cayman and dives with Soto Divers. She raves about them. My husband and I were looking into diving in Grand Cayman and Cozumel also (Sept 20th on the Navigator). At least if you book through the cruise if the port is cancelled due to weather you won't have to pay for the excursion. However, we are looking else where just to get an idea, maybe we will watch the weather prior (a week out of the cruise) if the forcast looks good we may book on our own, if the weather looks like it could be bad we will book on the ship. Who ever you dive with it will be awesome!!!! Both places are great dive locations!!!! Our last dive was on our honeymoon last year (Sept) in Tahiti, a shark feeding dive it was AWESOME!!!