Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Passenger

Default Personal belongings - what to do with them on excursions

What do you do with your personal belongings (Cruise Card, camera, clothing, cash) when everyone you know is doing the same excursion (snorkeling, swimming, Dunn's River Falls, Stingray City, etc....).

Thanks,

Linda
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SRobinM
Default Re: Personal belongings - what to do with them on excursions

I'm borrowing a waterproof bag from a friend who kayaks regularly. She said it's big enough to put a towel and other items in. I've seen a lot of posts on this board that show links to where you can order them online. I know you can buy them in most sporting goods stores. I also saw one in walmart. I also contacted my reservation agent and they said that the only people who will be on shore during our snorkling excursion will be our guide and an assistant. She assured me that there have never been any complaints of missing belongings.
Old August 12th, 2003, 11:28 PM
First Mate

Generally, I bring a bag to keep towel, cameras, id, etc. There is always a place on excursions to put them. Oviously, you should only bring what is absolutely neccesary.

Old August 13th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Mona

I put cash & other items into a baggie to keep them dry & then into a small nylon fanny pack that I wear while snorkling. I've also left items on board snorkling boats and never had a problem.
Old August 13th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Passenger

Good to know there's always a place to put things. Thanks. I was the Nordic Empress in 1997 and we left our bags on board the snorkeling boat with no problem. I didn't have an expensive camera, though, only a disposable. This time I plan on bringing a digital camera.

I like the idea of waterproof bags for things I can keep on me.

I guess it just comes down to common sense.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Linda
Old August 13th, 2003, 12:10 PM
browezilla

A cheap alternative is to buy the Large Ziplock freezer bags. I know they come in a gallon size, if not larger. I've put my camcorder in one before. These are great for keeping things dry if you put them in a normal backpack.