Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2003, 07:39 AM
cruisegal

Default Room Advice-Sovereign of the seas

I am booking a cruise on the sovereign of the seas which travels to cococay and nassau. I plan on getting a larger oceanview stateroom. Which side of the ship should I book? And do you guys have any tips for making sure my window is not blocked by anything such as lifeboats?
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob
Default Re: Room Advice-Sovereign of the seas

Book early. All of the category D, larger oceanview (able to sleep 3) staterooms are sold out for our Janurary 16th sailing. So, were cramped in a 125 sq. ft category F. By the way, the category D's are 154 Sq. feet, and the category C's are ALOT bigger being 264 sq. feet!! So if you want a lot of room and have the funds to get it, get a category C! Don;t have the square footage on the other rooms because we wernt going to pay suite prices, espically being only 3 days.. by the way, when are you sailiing??? We're in a category F ocean view on Deck 8. The brochure says all 8th deck rooms are obstructed but my TA said that ours is not because its the second one to the back.... I'm not sure if he knows that for sure, but I hope its true.. The only Category D room that is obstructed is room #9504 as the brochure says. The only category D's are on deck 9, the whole deck is devoted to that one category. Hope i was of help

Rob
Old August 14th, 2003, 06:03 AM
cruisegal

Default Re: Re: Room Advice-Sovereign of the seas

Thanks. That was really helpful. Where did you get the brochure that has all of that information in it? I ordered one off of the rccl website, but haven't recieved it yet. Good to know that our view won't be obstructed. We are sailing the 2nd of February.
Old August 14th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

The brochure doesnt say the sq. footage of the rooms. I called RCI's 1800 number and asked them. You can call and ask them anything and they will be glad to assist you.
Old August 15th, 2003, 02:06 AM
Monte

I for one don't worry about how big the room is. I don't think most people spend much time in them anyway. I know that I probably didn't spend anymore than a few hours in the room. Just enough time to get a little sleep and take a shower. Unless you are going on a real long cruise, then I could see where you would want a little more room. Just my thoughts.

Monte
Old August 15th, 2003, 12:33 PM
hcat

the larger ocean view is an L shape small room--could not imagine staying in anything smaller regardless of how long. ( I am claustrophobic) We had our cabin attendant sep. out the beds each day so there would at least be some space to walk..& we could look out the window. .now we book much larger rooms with balcony but the larger ocean view would be OK for a 5 day Bahamas trip---It was a fun cruise!