Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2003, 12:19 PM
cruisegal

Default Radisson Resort at the Port

Anyone stayed at the Radisson resort before a cruise from Port Canaveral? I am interested in your opinions on it and some pictures if you have any? Were the staff good about transfers to and from the ship?
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2003, 03:36 PM
joyful

Default Re: Radisson Resort at the Port

Will be there this Saturday night before our cruise on the Sovereign Sunday. I asked the same question, and got very good and positive feedback from this board. I will post when we return. It sounds wonderful. We got one of the whirlpool suites, can't wait!
Old August 14th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Rumncoke

Default Re: Re: Radisson Resort at the Port

We just stayed there in May. I thought it was a great hotel and the pool area is wonderful. It's not brand new, but it was clean and "tropical" feeling. We took the Avis shuttle to the pier because we rented a car, but it was completely painless. I'm sure the hotel shuttle would be, too.

If you do rent a car, here's a hint. Don't return it until the morning before your cruise. Drive over to "Grills" for an absolutely awesome breakfast for a very low price. I didn't care for the breakfast buffet at the hotel and it was pricey.
Old August 17th, 2003, 07:50 AM
summer

Default Re: Radisson Resort at the Port

Hi,
How much was the Radisson and how far from the Pier was it. Did you rent a car from the airport and retun it at the pier? Was this the best way to do it?
Old August 18th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Rumncoke

Default Re: Re: Radisson Resort at the Port

We got a rate of $79 per night by using "Fall" in the discount code area on the internet. Don't know if that will still work. Otherwise, it was going to be $89. We rented the car from the airport and returned it to the Avis office right at the hotel. They have moved, however, but I've heard they're still just a few blocks away. Avis will shuttle you to the pier and pick you back up.