Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2003, 03:30 PM
deecruise

Default Tulum Mayan Ruins Worth It?

Is the Tulum Mayan Ruins Express trip worth the money. My husband isn't a real history buff, but I would love to see it. Worried he might get bored. Please advise!!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2003, 03:44 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Tulum Mayan Ruins Worth It?

My husband and I did the Tulum Ruin in September 2001. Neither of us is a big history buff either. I don't think you have to be a history buff to enjoy this shore excursion. I will warn you now, you take about a 45 minute bus ride to the ruins, they stop halfway there so you can use the bathroom (no toilet seats). When you get to the ruins either you can pay so much a person to have a trolley take you to the base of the ruins or you can walk to the base of the ruins (I think our guide said it was about a mile walk, not a 100% sure), I say pay the money for the trolley because it is a round trip fare. There is alot of walking involved in this tour, so if you don't like to walk alot I wouldn't do it.
Old August 15th, 2003, 04:22 PM
AR

Default Re: Tulum Mayan Ruins Worth It?

We went years ago and loved it. The bus ride is a bit of a schlep, but the ruins are wonderful.

Have you considered going yourself and leaving your husband to do something else?

AR