Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Passenger

Default My TA offered cake, what's up?

Hi! Leaving aboard Explorer in 15 DAYS ( WOW!!!! ) and I was just remembering that the TA at Travelocity helped me with the reservation over the phone and she asked whether we were celebrating our anniversary or other special occ. And, as a matter of fact, we are celebrating our 8th wedd. ann. and I said YES! He offered a cake to celebrate and again I said YES!
Here's the questions: Do they charge us for this treat (they haven't yet -cruise is paid by now -but maybe on board)?
When do they bring the cake out? Anyone have this happen to them? Also, we are traveling with another couple and they also are celebrating their anniv. Will a cake come out for them too ('cause i booked their room too and answered yes to the "are they celebrating their wedd. anniv. too?" question)
Confused about the cake, don't want to be embarrased on the boat, husband knows nothing about the cake business..... HELP, if someone's been "caked", please tell me what happens....
vivi
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2003, 02:25 PM
browezilla

Default Re: My TA offered cake, what's up?

The cake will be delivered for dessert at dinner for whatever night your TA set it up for. It is standard cruiseline practice to give you a special cake/dessert to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions, etc. There is not charge, and typically it is large enough for several to share it.
Old August 15th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Brandon

Okay Vivi,

First off you're not going on a boat your going on a SHIP. The cake is really nothing too special but a nice little addition to dinner if celebrating an anniversary and particularly like receiving much attention. What will happen is on a pre-selected night your dinner staff along with a few other staff including the matre de will come to your table singing with the cake lit via candle. They will sing "Happy Anniversary to you......" you blow out the candle, everyone in your immediate area claps, you eat the cake if you choose to. Unfortunately not the tastiest of patisserie concoctions, just a simple marble cake.

Enjoy,

Brandon
Old August 16th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Sooshie

Correction Brandon

They will sing "Happy Versary" to you or if it's your birthday it's "Happy Birday" by the end of the cruise we were all singing with the accent!
Old August 16th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

It's "Abby Bersry"! Atleast, that's the way I hear it!
It's not your TA paying for this, they just are taking advantage of something that is done. You can arrange for the same treatment by talking to your Head Waiter on board the ship.
Old August 17th, 2003, 12:05 PM
David and Bridget

I always thought it was "Hoppy Burtdey" and "Hoppy Annieversie". It's still alot of fun. My TA surprises us everytime we go. Sometimes it our Anniversary and sometimes it's a birthday. We're going on the Majesty of the Seas in October. Not sure what we are going to celebrate then.
Old August 17th, 2003, 07:21 PM
happycruising

Can you pick the day and time for the cake to be delivered? I'm planning on celebrating my anniversary on the AOS, and if they would deliver it on the exact date of my anniversary it would be so great!
Thanks in advance.
Old August 17th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Browezilla

You can pick the date, but the time is during the dessert serving at your dinner. Just let you TA know, and if then you can verify or change it with your waiter once on board. BTW: I was on the AoS last year! What a beautiful ship. Be sure to check out the bathrooms beside the Lyric theatre. The outside wall is all glass, they have a waterfall inside, etc. Best restroom on the seas :-)
Old August 17th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Passenger

I LOVE all the renditions of how they sing the songs.....................I can hear them all in my head right now.......................!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 17th, 2003, 08:02 PM
happycruising

Default Re: Re: My TA offered cake, what's up?

browezilla,
thanks for the answer, and I'll make sure to check those bathrooms!

happycruising
Old August 18th, 2003, 11:13 AM
First Mate

Would you like some cuppy with that cake?