Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Beginner

Default Nordic Empress

We are planning our 3rd cruise with RCCL on Nordic Empress Feb. 28th - March 6th 2004. We're going to Grand Cayman, Belize, and Cozumel. My mother is traveling with us. Do you need a passport for any of the ports? What type of weather can we expect? On Belize the shore excusion Cave Tubing & Jungle Walk could someone please tell us if my 83 year mother can do the walking. (She is in good physical shape.) What is good to do on Couzmel? The ship is smaller than we have been on before so we were wondering if it is a nice ship.
Bill and Bonnie
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2003, 02:39 PM
uncmarts

Default Re: Nordic Empress

I was on the "Nordic Empress" in July to "Bermuda". She is smaller than the new mega ships of today, however I still enjoyed the ship.. The food and service was above average, as well as the evening shows.

On sea days we enjoyed the pool and the activiites. My only complaint was the the cabins are very small.

If you look hard enough you may see some areas that show some wear & tear, but the staff was always cleaning and polishing and performing maintenance. No reason that you shouldn't have a great time.
Old August 20th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Nordic Empress

Get a passort if there is time.

You go faster in line if you have a PP rather then flashing a Birth Cirtificate plus a driver license "is that you?", "how is the name spelled?", "the BC doesnt have a raised edge on the seal!","let me see again",

Meanwhile three people with PP have flashed there ID and walked on. They are talking about how easy that was by the side of the pool.
Old August 20th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Nordic Empress

I am going on the Enchantment on 9/29 and one of our ports is Belize. We were told that a passport is required on this cruise to go to Belize. We went to the post office on 8/6 and it came in the mail on 8/15, so it is a quick process, and you have plenty of time anyway. Have fun!!