Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Beginner

Default FLL to Port of Miami

I'm considering flying into FLL for a cruise out of Miami in Jan.. The airfare into FLL is considerably less than MIA not to mention the nightmares I've heard about MIA . Can anyone offer ideas on transportation ?? I may fly in the night B4 if necessary.
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2003, 01:38 PM
SamIAm

Default Re: FLL to Port of Miami

Yes, TriCounty Express. You can get your own car, share a ride, or have your own limo if you want one. They are located outside the baggage claim at FLL Airport. Just look for the people in the white shirts with the red "swoop" on them.

No need to make reservations for either a private car or share a ride. I think you might need to reserve the "meet and greet" limo though!

www.floridalimo.com
Old August 21st, 2003, 09:59 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: FLL to Port of Miami

Got any idea on the cost ??? If its too expensive, it will offset the savings.

Thanks for the reply
Old August 21st, 2003, 11:45 AM
First Mate

Car rentals in Florida are generally very inexpensive. If you are flying in the night before, you may want to get a rental for the day. Hertz offers a free shuttle from MIA to the port so if you rent from them in FLL, you can return it in MIA the next day and get a shuttle from there.

Some other options:
Otherwise, you can get a transfer from RCL. They have busses from FLL to MIA port. I think they are about $15/pp. If there are 2 or more of you, you may be able to get the car for same or less.

Old August 21st, 2003, 12:31 PM
SamIAm

The website I listed in my prior post will take you to Tri County Express and they have price quotes. I think a private car is like $55. A limo is a bit more and share a ride is about $15 per person.
Old August 21st, 2003, 01:07 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: FLL to Port of Miami

Thanks fo ya'lls help..... I will probably fly into FLL now. It seems to be a quieter & smoother flowing airport. Longer ride to the port but That OK.
Old August 24th, 2003, 09:55 AM
hcat

You can fly into FLL (better idea) & stay at the comfort inn that has a free shuttle to Miami port--you need to let them know that when you book,, so I hear--this is what we will do when we take Brilliance fromMiami
Old August 31st, 2003, 12:12 AM
russ

I'm considering the same thing. How about getting back to FLL from miami port. How much would that cost?
Old August 31st, 2003, 09:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Does Hertz have free shuttle from port in Miami? We want to rent a car for the day when we return & we are flying home from FLL.
Old September 5th, 2003, 07:56 PM
daboss

Flew from JFK to FLL. Used Tri County to get to port. $55.00 for private town car for the three of us. Prearranged a rented car from Dollar for return to FLL. A "Dollar" shuttle will pick you up at the port and take you to the rental agency. Cost was about $24 plus tax and gas (be sure to fill up before you return it or the cost is heafty). We had a late afternoon flight so went to Everglade excursion on our own for $14.00 per person and then had late lunch at the beach at Fort Lauderdale. Great day and a very relaxing way to end the cruise.