Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Yvonne

Default Packed lunch

Hi, am sailing on Radiance on the 2nd November for the 1st time. Someone has mentioned to me that when we get off the ship at our ports of call, we can ask for a lunch to be packed up for us, does anyone know if this is correct?
Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Packed lunch

Yes, they will do this for you, but why on earth would you want to do that?? Visiting ports of call on your cruise and enjoying their local fare and eateries is just as much a part of the trip as anything else. What could lunch really cost you? You'll enjoy it so much more if you eat at these places.

Carnival Pride 3/02
Carnival Legend 3/03
Enchantment of the Seas 12/03
Star Princess 03/05
Sapphire Princess 11/05
Coral Princess 04/06
Old August 24th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Browezilla

It could be a time saver would be one reason to pack a lunch. Eatting "on the road" versus stopping to eat could give you an extra 1/2 to 1hr to sightsee.
Old August 26th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Yeoman

I would love to bring a packed lunch with me, I don't trust some the food on some of the islands I've been to. Although St. Thomas had a nice restaurant, but pricey.

I'm going to check into that as well. It's a matter of time, not money.
Old August 27th, 2003, 10:33 AM
browezilla

How do you go about asking for a packed lunch? Via room service?
Old August 27th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Passenger

i would be very surprised if i was wrong, but they not only DONT pack a lunch for you, the cruise ship discourges you from taking food off the ship. on www.cruisecritic.com
there was a big discussion on this topic. for the most lunch off the ship is up to you. a lady wrote that she called room service and asked for some sandwiches to be brought with her to her excursion, and they told her no. health law reasons. bring some zipp lock bags order room service, and pack it yourself. bring a foldable insulated lunch bag fill a zipp lock w/ some ice to keep everything cold. your set.

ac
Old August 27th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Browezilla

Ah, that's what I thought. I was pretty sure that I had read in the RCCL literature that they will not allow you to take food off of the ship, but I thought maybe they had loosened that policy. Another tip is to pack some Saran Wrap Classic. It really is great for wrapping things tightly. The sandwiches are large, so Saran Wrap will keep them tightly bound. One of my favorite non food uses of it is to wrap books tightly. This way the pages don't get ruffled and the corners don't get dog-earred.
Old August 28th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to MP

Its amazing the amount of good tips you can get on the boards. I've been on 3 cruises (nothing compared to you REAL cruisers) & thought I pretty much knew most of the tips. We usually just carried some fruit from the ship. The room service idea & sticking them in zip locks is a good one. Since I discovered "cruisemates" (of course, AFTER a cruise I just took in July), its been the best source of info...gotta love the boards.