Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Sooshie

Default Jeep 4x4 adventure

We are going on the Enchantment in October and am interested in the 4x4 tour offered by the ship. Can anyone tell me about the beach they take you to. Can you swim there? Any watersports etc? Worth the money? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Jeep 4x4 adventure

Went to St Martin and rented a jeep just off the pier at Hertz. It was around $80 for the whole day for a 2003 Wrangler and about $16 for fuel. Easy Island to navigate.
Old September 19th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Passenger

We did the Cozumel jeep tour on Enchantment several years ago, and we were not all that impressed. They do take you to the Mayan Ruins and then they take you to a nice beach. I personally would have preferred to rent a jeep on my own and take it to these places. They tended to drive pretty slow so it didn't get very exciting. If you are just looking for a nice tour go for it, but if you are looking for some big excitement, this is not what you are looking for!! Have a great time! I will be on Enchantment again in 9 days!!!!! YAYE!
Old September 19th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Sooshie

Thanks for the info. Have a great cruise....let me know how it was!

Susan
Old September 19th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Yeoman

Sooshie,
They offer it in Costa Maya also. They take you to a really neat beach but there are very limited amenities. The road is definately dirt and you share it with the unimoog people and assorted locals. Neat way to see Costa Maya. The beach was gorgeous with lots of waves,good for body surfing but not snorkling.

Caribbean Princess
Old September 22nd, 2003, 09:35 PM
Patricia Solis

My family and I did the Jeep 4x4 Adventure to Paradise in Cozumel in August......we had a blast!!! We got in the Jeeps just off the Pier and caravaned to the jungle and did our off roading thing! We had so much fun!!! The kids enjoyed it too. When we finished off roading we were taken to a catamaran to Passion Island. It was beautiful! We then catamaraned back to the Jeeps and took them back to the ship! HIGHLY REMCOMMENDED!!!!!