Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Sue L

Default Nordic Empress 9/14

Sailing on the Nordic Empress on 9/14 to Bermuda (hopefully). Still wondering if we should pack long pants or shorts! Last weeks (9/7 departure) cruise on the Nordic Empress was re-routed to Nova Scotia, Portland, ME and Boston, MA due to Fabian. I call RCCL daily to find if they have changed our ports of call (are we going north or south) and they tell me everyday to call back tomorrow! I know I still have three days to pack, but E-gad! Was hoping to go on a warm vacation! We live in Albany, NY and I can drive to Portland or Boston anytime!
Anyone else departing with us on 9/14?
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2003, 09:06 AM
Suzanna

Default Re: Nordic Empress 9/14

Hi Sue, we are also scheduled for the 9/14 sailing of the nordic. We are driving from here in Vermont so we have been working on mapping the drive to NYC. Like you and other northeasteners, we are hoping and hoping that we dont end up on the east coast. We have seen and done those cities many times over many years. I am obsessively checking every website I can possibly find for updates. The weather in the upper part of the northeast has already gotten chilly at night. Parts of Vermont has already had frost. I was looking forward to sun, surf and snorkelling. My TA was supposed to check with RCL to see if we get stuck with the northeast, if we could apply the money paid, to take another ship maybe out of miami instead, but I havent heard back from her. Hopefully, we will hear today. I feel bad for those going out of NY this sunday. It doesnt leave much time to pack the proper items. I know I cant stand the suspense much longer!! . Keep your fingers crossed, maybe we'll make it to Bermuda after all!!! Sue (I am also and SueL)
Old September 12th, 2003, 06:14 AM
Sue L

Default Re: Re: Nordic Empress 9/14

Hi Sue!
I continue to call RCCL everyday and am also scouring the internet for news as you are - yesterday RCL told me that there was still no final decision made and that I should call again tomorrow and again on Saturday if nothing is decided by today (Friday). We don't plan on packing until Saturday am. What did your travel agent say about checking to see if you could go on a different cruise if the ship does go north?
I have also been reading the Royal Gazetter (Bermuda's paper) but haven't learned much from that either. One article I read simply stated that they hope the cruise ships will come back this week or next. Lets hope it's this week! The aritcle also said that it was possible that the ships would only be able to dock at one port for the week instead of switchng - that would be fine with me as long as it's warm. Actually I've been checking the weather also and it looks beautiful in Bermuda all next week. Let's keep hoping!
Sue
www.theroyalgazette.com
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Int...rodnav=none%20
Old September 12th, 2003, 06:27 AM
LeeLee

Default Re: Nordic Empress 9/14

Check the RCI website. You are going to Bermuda!!
Old September 12th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Suzanna

Default Re: Re: Nordic Empress 9/14

Hi sue! Great news!!!!! We are going to Bermuda. Thank goodness. What a relief. I was going thru my closet last night trying to pick out dressy winter clothes!!! I bought a new formal, and bought long sleeve, just in case. I've got a hectic week at work ahead of me to get ready to leave, so now i can concentrate on just that. Now as long as we dont get lost between here and NYC, we should be okay . My TA never called me back about substituting another ship, so I dont know what that outcome would have been. SO START PACKING!!!!!!!!! Now as long as Isabel doesnt affect us we should be okay. (fingers crossed). So have a good day, got an extremely busy day ahead, will check in with you this weekend or next week. Talk to you soon!!! Sue L the 2nd
Old September 12th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Sue L

Default Re: Re: Re: Nordic Empress 9/14

Suzanna,

Just got the news myself - WHAT A RELIEF! I thought for sure with Isabel we'd be going north! The weather outlook for Bermuda is excellent for next week! I can't wait! I had no idea what to pack if we went north! I'm already in cruise mode - it will be very hard to concentrate the rest of day on work related business!

Enjoy the drive from Vermont! (We're driving from Albany - should take us 3 hours - good luck!)

Sue L
Old September 12th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Suzanna

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Nordic Empress 9/14

Isnt it GREAT!! I think we are driving to albany, so look in your rearview mirror for a silver honda accord with Vermont plates!! . I think we are leaving vt around 6:00 a.m. Its about a 2 -3 hour drive to albany for us. Maybe we should put signs in our car windows that say Bermuda or bust lol. do you know what routes you are taking to NYC? My husband has been studying the maps all week. My brother in law is going with us, so maybe I'll put him in the front seat so he can "co-pilot". Its a standing joke that I'm a terrible map reader. Guess I can go print off my packing list now. Hope we all have a great trip. I know the devastation that we will see will be sad, but a real eye opener for those of us in the northeast who dont usually have hurricanes, tornado's, and earthquakes. Just snow, snow, snow. The foliage will probably be in full swing when we get back. I love fall, but NOT what follows!!!!! Talk to you soon! Sue