Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2003, 08:58 PM
DonD

Default Monarch of the Seas (yellow water)

We just went on a three day cruise on the Monarch and the whole trip we had yellow tinted water in the shower, sink and the toilet. When we asked the crew about it all they would say is: What yellow water? They pretended that it did not exist yet all of the passengers that we talked to agreed with us and said that it looked disgusting and it did.
BTW we had a group of 90 people spread out all over the ship and all of us had yellow water.
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2003, 12:33 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Monarch of the Seas (yellow water)

I also was on the ship with Don, but he was one of the lucky ones, my water eventually came out almost a brown color. I sure hope they do something about it, as it was disgusting, but the room stewards acting like they were hearing it for the first time was annoying.
Don't get me wrong, it is a very pretty ship and I would go again, just hope they solve their problem.

Old September 14th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Harry McIntyre

Was the drinking water affected also? Or was it just the bathroom water. Maybe it all comes from the same place.

Guess I'll have to go back to carrying on bottled water for drinking and washing up.

I live in San Diego, so maybe I'll go home for a shower while were are in port there. :-)
Old September 15th, 2003, 06:06 PM
DonD

Default Re: Re: Monarch of the Seas (yellow water)

Harry, if you mean the water out of the tap it was a yellowish tint too. When we first got onboard I took a drink from the tap and it did not taste good. At that time I hadn’t noticed the discolor of the water except for the toilet.
Needless to say we bought more Avian water than we ever have before.
With the exception of the water problem, the ship, service, food and entertainment were excellent.
Don't miss the "Fast Forward" show, it was great.
Old September 16th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Jay A. Peterson

We are scheduled for the Sept. 29th 4 day. Has anyone determined the staus of the water since thelast cruise? Did anyone think to save a sample for testing to determine if in fact it was tainted insome form?
Old September 16th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Harry McIntyre

Default Re: Re: Monarch of the Seas (yellow water)

Jay we are on the Oct 6th 4 day sailing so I won't be able to get any info from you. The Monarch is due here in port in San Diego this Wed (Tomorrow) if I get as chance I'll go down to the dock and ask a few passengers if the problem still exists. I'll let you know if I hear anything good or bad.

Harry
Old September 17th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Harry McIntyre

Default Re: Re: Re: Monarch of the Seas (yellow water)

Jay:

Went to the docks today and guess what? No Monarch in Port. RCI has apparently changed the ships itinerary. She now comes to San Diego on Tuesdays instead of Wednesdays. I'll check again next Tuesday which will still be before you cruise.

Harry