Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Kar06

Default Finally got airfare...

Well as my family's cruise on the Serenade over Thanksgiving is fast approaching, and since we booked the cruise back in March or so, we thought we'd better get our air/flight arrangements finally.

We'd been checking prices for all different airlines out of NYC (La Guardia, JFK, Newark (NJ)) and the prices were sky high. Like over $500/pp...the cruise line wasn't much better.

In the end, we ended up booking with the cruise air a couple days ago, so now it seems like our cruise is really becoming more of a reality!

I know Thanksgiving week is a big week for travel, anyone know what NY to San Juan would cost during a time when travel was slower?
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2003, 10:53 PM
browezilla

Default Re: Finally got airfare...

I flew there last year in January I believe for $331.
Old September 12th, 2003, 11:13 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

We are paying about $450 each this coming January. But we did it through the TA and RCI, not on our own. I have checked on Orbitz and the cost is higher, so far. jan
Old September 13th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Browezilla

I should have said that my flights were on my own and not through the cruise line. I've always been able to significantly beat the cruise line's price, but then I'm on my own if something were to happen.
Old September 13th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Kar06

Yeah I just talked to my mom and she said she saw fares for right now on Jet Blue from NY(JFK) to San Juan fgor $168/roundtrip pp...geez...it really makes a difference when you travel!

The week we are going, Jet Blue fares are over $600/pp w/ the taxes and all! And same for many of the other companies. The cruise wasn't any better than those, but not worse either.

*sighs* It is a good thing we got a GREAT deal on deluxe balcony cabins!
Old September 13th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Alan Whitt

I used my Hilton Honors points to fly my wife and I to San Juan next July for our Adventure of the Seas cruise.

Then I used my American Airlines frequent flyer miles to fly to Honolulu for a cruise on Pride of America next August.

That saves me a ton of money.
Old September 16th, 2003, 03:14 PM
First Mate

Off peak fares are usually between 350-400. I use points for that one. It always sucks going around a holiday like that. If you book way in advance there is inevitably a sale the month before. The cruises out of San Juan tend to be a bit discounted so it makes up for it a bit. Are you staying pre cruise overnight? We stayed at the Wyndham in Old San Juan the night before. Very nice hotel directly accross from the dock. Make sure if you take a cab from the airport, he knows which side of the bay the ship is docked on.

Old September 16th, 2003, 07:37 PM
Kar06

Yeah I'd love to get there a day early, but my brother is already missing 2 1/2 days of school, and I'd be missing 1 day then of college classes if we did that.

3 members of my group are going down 3 days early though and staying at their favorite hotel, the Wyndam El Conquistador. It's not anywhere near the port, but it is their favorite San Juan hotel! I'd love to get down there with them, but it really isn't possible!