Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2003, 08:07 PM
aberfoyle

Default can Canadians use Priceline.com?

Ok, i keep reading about all the cheap rates people are getting through priceline.com. However, I am a resident of Canada and can't seem to be able to make bids throught priceline because they require a zip code (ie US residence). Does anyone know how I can get around this other than getting someone in the States to book for me? Or, am i just outta luck?
THanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2003, 10:33 AM
rance222

Default Re: can Canadians use Priceline.com?

Hi Aberfoyle;

Yes cds can use priceline (booked a pre-cruise room radisson in miami for $38).
The website biddingfortravel.com has a great Q&A section that talks about it.
Basically what I did was use california as my state because the code is CA (canada) and for zip code used 99999.For some reason my visa did not work,but mastercard did.
If you have any questions feel free to email me.

cheers
Old September 19th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Ian M

Aberfoyle:

I'm from Toronto and have been trying Priceline for months without success. Finally got a "hit" last weekend and then Priceline wouldn't approve my credit card because I couldn't provide a U.S. mailing address for the card (not the registration address that biddinfor travel.com tells you how to Americanize).
Your best bet is to use Priceline.uk. It is exactly the same service, but in Pounds instead of U.S. dollars. Just do a search for a currency converter to make it easy.
I switched to Priceline.uk after my credit card trouble and was able to make two bookings for Miami for pre- and post-cruise in 20 minutes. We got the Radisson downtown 3* for $39.80 U.S. (25 Pounds)...... half the price for the pre-cruise special listed on the Radisson web site.
Good luck.

Ian
Old September 19th, 2003, 09:41 PM
Sharon B

I use Priceline all the time with both my CIBC Visa and my Canadian Mastercard account. Never had a problem
Old September 21st, 2003, 08:40 PM
aberfoyle

everyone, I used your advice and used the state of california and a zip of 00000. THe bid went through at $40 for the Hyatt D.T. It looks like i've got it but will have to wait to see if the credit card gets accepted or not. THanks for the help and I will keep you all updated. I can't see why Priceline will not accept Canadian credit cards. Why should they care where they get their bookings from as long as the $$ end up in their pockets!!
Old September 24th, 2003, 02:53 PM
aberfoyle

Ok, all done, the room is charged to my credit card! It went through so looks like Priceline works.