Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Jillian

Default Classic Romance Package -Breakfast?

I was thinking about purchasing the Classic Romance Package for my upcoming cruise. RCI's website lists "Breakfast for two delivered to your stateroom " as one of the benefits. Does anyone know if this is different than standard room service?

Thanks,
Jillian

PS... Thanks for all the responses on previous posts. Lots of help in my planning.
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2003, 03:58 PM
rance222

Default Re: Classic Romance Package -Breakfast?

Hi Jillian;

I was also trying to figure the value out of the same package.Not sure about the breakfast, but the picture and frame retails for $50 in the gift shop and the bottle of champagne was around $40. I was also wondering if they would allow you to have the champagne at dinner instead of when you get to your room.Any idea?

thanks
Old September 18th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Classic Romance Package -Breakfast?

I got a package for my wife last month on Navigator of the Seas. Sorry, I don't know what the answer is in regards to having your champagne with dinner...we drank ours on the balcony.

Breakfast is different than what is normally offered on the room service menu. You get a card to make your selections and you turn it in to your head waiter at dinner the night before you want the breakfast (not on the disembarkation morning). I don't remember all of the menu choices but we had juice, coffee, croissants, and scrambled eggs with creme fraiche and caviar.

The package includes two robes. I believe that you are supposed to get the thinner waffle robes but they messed up on getting us our robes on time so when we eventually got them they gave us the thicker terry cloth robes.

The flowers were fresh and lasted for the entire cruise.

There are supposed to be canapes and chocolates delivered on each formal
night (at least that was my understanding). But we only got them on one night.

Have a nice cruise.

-Steven

Post Edited (09-18-03 15:45)
Old September 18th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Classic Romance Package -Breakfast?

We have purchased this package (without the robes) on a few occassions. I believe they changed it sligtly. You used to get champagne upon arrival and a champagne breakfast. I was told that you only receive one champage now - if we are speaking about the same package.

The breakfast is a little different, but we found that if you write in items not on the menu, they will bring them.

Anyway, any wine, or champage that is sent to you in the room can be brought into the dining room to enjoy during your meal. You can either bring it before to be chilled, or at the meal time to be switched for a cold bottle.

Enjoy.

Joey
Old September 21st, 2003, 09:54 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Classic Romance Package -Breakfast?

We use to always purchase this package.... However we were very disapointed on the picture frame the last time, it was a silver colored hard plastic. In the past we always received a very nice frame, that was engraved with Royal Carribean on it, now they are plain.... We are going to just go with ordering the wine and champange ahead of time to be in our room...... You can always call room service anytime you want canapes in your room at no charge...... You can tell they are now starting to cut corners on everything.... Too many ships and not enough passengers to cover the extras..
Old September 21st, 2003, 03:16 PM
Jillian

Default Thanks

Thanks for the information everyone! I appreciate the perspective you were all able to provide.

I am so excited for this trip and can't wait to add a few extra special touches.

Thanks!