CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Rhapsody must do's (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/232635-rhapsody-must-dos.html)

Maggie's Mom September 19th, 2003 05:34 PM

Rhapsody must do's

Anyone been on the Rhapsody out of Galveston recently? What are the must do's and not-to-be-missed items. Especially pertaining to food! Thanks.

Born to Cruise September 19th, 2003 05:46 PM

Re: Rhapsody must do's

We are going on Rhapsody on the 28th! This is our second RCCL cruise and are
looking forward to this trip.

We did Splendor of the Seas last October. Transatlantic for 16 days and it was great coming back into Galveston. Really got spoiled with that idea.

Food on Splendor was very good. Everything I read about Rhapsody says the same.

Harry Martin September 20th, 2003 12:02 PM

Mom,

Be sure and take in the Solarium pool -- especially nice in the evening (like swimming at Hearst Castle).

The theater is great too -- no pillars!

Have a wonderful time -- Rhapsody was our first cruise ever (in 2000). We go on our 10th next month.

Harry

Born to Cruise September 21st, 2003 09:40 AM

Re: Re: Rhapsody must do's

Boy, ten cruises in 3 years! Did you get "hooked" or what?

My husband and I feel the same way about cruising.

Harry Martin September 21st, 2003 10:32 AM

LOL Born.

The Vision class has tons of natural light -- feels like a hotel at sea. Lots of marble and fountains in the atrium too (great place for photos).

The 2-story dining room was fun to make an entrance in down the grand staircase (even though our table was on the first level) :-)

We're off on the Carnival Spirit (for the second time) Oct 24th to Acapulco, Manzanillo and Ixtapa round-trip from San Diego (where we live)

Very much looking forward to it. :-)

Harry

Maggie's Mom September 22nd, 2003 10:22 AM

Re: Re: Rhapsody must do's

Thanks for the reply. Any specific food items you dream about to this day? I still crave the breadsticks from Celebrity's Millinium. Going to Ixtapa ... if you like shell collecting, make a trip to Ixtapa Island but don't forget your bug spray. Take some of the wooded trails to private beach areas and you will find shells like you've never seen. So fascinating. The island is off of Ixtapa. You can walk to the pier from the Melia Azul Hotel and it's a five minute boat ride out. Quite the Mexican tropical adventure. Enjoy!

Harry Martin September 22nd, 2003 11:20 AM

Thanks for the tip! (especially the bug spray) Making a note of it already

Harry

Marti September 22nd, 2003 03:43 PM

Maggie's Mom -

Looking forward to our 4th cruise on Rhapsody - 11/2 (& 5th is already booked for next May).

We love this ship - and for us, food not to be missed - Soups - Tomato Basil, the Tortilla and any of the cold fruit soups (Peach, Pear); we also had Red Snapper (I think the night we were in Key West) - it was great!!!. As for desserts - the Warm Chocolate Cake, the Royal Caribbean Fudge Cake and there is also a Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart that is to die for. Not sure they have it on every cruise - had it on cruise 1, but not #2, but had it for lunch on #3 and talked waiter into giving us a plate full. Kept them in our frig and each night before bed took one with coffee out on the balcony and savored it.

I hope you have as wonderful a time as we have always had on this most beautiful ship!!!