Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2003, 09:06 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Linmor
Default Brillance of the seas

This will be my first cruise on the Brillance and I do not know anything about it. Has anybody been there done that and can you please tell me about the ship?

Thanks,
JoAnn
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2003, 08:58 AM
Mona

Default Re: Brillance of the seas

Was on the Brilliance in February and will be again next February so will try to help. Could you be a little more specific regarding what kind of info you're looking for?
Old September 22nd, 2003, 06:02 PM
Yeoman

I went on the Brilliance last November on the 11-night Western Caribbean.

The ship is beautiful, very nautical.

Check out Portofino's at least one night. It's well worth the money. I didn't go to Chops but I'm sure that is such as good.

Best kept secreat....the Seaview Cafe in the aft Deck 12 is great for lunch instead of the Windjammer. It has sandwiches, salads, chili dogs, great onion rings etc. and great service. You can sit either in or outside. If you want to get away from the crowds, lunch is great there.

I wasn't very happy with the dining room food. The pasta dishes had very weird spices. Go to Portofino's for the best Italian food. I thought the Explorer had better dining room food. But maybe they've inproved it.

The Solarium pool area is great.

If you are into billiards, there are two self-leveling pool tables.

Anyway, you will love this ship.

Have a great time.
Old October 7th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Brillance of the seas

Thanks for your response.

I guess I am looking for general info. The best lunch spot and best pool area, etc. Since we have not been on theis ship before we know nothing about it at all. Any info would be great.
Old October 8th, 2003, 02:45 PM
First Mate

Linmor and Mona,

Exactly when are you sailing?

Robin

Costa Atlantica 3/2004
Brilliance 2/2005
Brilliance 2/2006
Brilliance 2/2007
Explorer 2/2008
Old October 9th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

Linmor,
Make sure you check out the reviews under Reader Reviews in the blue bar at the top of this screen. YouŽll find lots of reviews that will surely be helpful.

karen
Old October 9th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Mona

Set4Cruz - We are sailing on 2/16/04.

Linmor - Agree with Cathy about the Seaview, although we usually went late at night. I didn't find too much on the dinner menus some nights so needed a late night nosh. Food I did order from dining room was generally good, I got pasta much of the time. Windjammer is ok for lunch, but has alot of the same thing over & over so gets very boring by the end of 11 days. Have no personal experience with Portofino's or Chops but others at our table raved about them.

The pool was very crowded, especially on sea days. Chair hogging, etc. We ended up on upper decks to avoid the crowd. The Solarium pool was very relaxing and fewer chair hogs.

Other items - Ship has a great many activities (rock wall, mini-golf, cinema) that were underutilized. Lots of public space so the crowds were never felt except by the pool.

Suggest you browse through all reviews for this ship on this site plus CruiseCritic and CruiseAddicts. Each person will focus on different areas and give you a variety of opinions on all aspects of this ship.

Mona

PS - be sure to look for the fishermen outside the glass elevators - I think they're on the top deck on the sea-side. There are lots of clever added touches on this ship. You can spend a whole day just exploring.
Old October 13th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Beginner

Set4Cruz Sail Date 4/9/04

Mona And Everyone Thanks for the info.

I can't wait. This will be our first cruise to the Caribbean.