Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2003, 12:08 PM
hi c

Default Aft cabins on Voyager

I have booked an aft cabin (rear corner) 8th deck for a future Voyager cruise.I have been told that the balcony is much larger than a side cabin.How is the noise and wiil I have some degree of privacy? I have never been on the Voyager but am looking forward to the experience! I sure would welcome any suggestons and cruise tips.
Thanks!!!!
Hi C
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2003, 08:43 PM
serene56

Default Re: Aft cabins on Voyager

We just came back off Voyager and had cabin 8692.
http://joephila.net/cruise/
our web page has some pictures of the balconies back there. Tis an awesome view.
Old September 26th, 2003, 12:51 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

Serene56,
I just checked out your site! You did an amazing job! Including the menu and Compass for each day will surely interest a lot of people. Thanks so much for including the link.

karen
Old September 26th, 2003, 07:05 AM
Michelle J

Default Re: Re: Aft cabins on Voyager

Serene.

Awsome webpage.........lots of great pics!!!

Michelle
Old September 26th, 2003, 08:06 AM
serene

Default Re: Re: Re: Aft cabins on Voyager

Thanks for your feedback. The page was fun to make. Both Joe and I are soo happy the way it turned out. I hope it helps other people in thier planning for their cruise.
Old September 26th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Aft cabins on Voyager

serene56 -

Loved the website. Did you take a picture of each menu and the daily compass or did you keep a copy of them and scan them?
Old September 26th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Serene,
Great site, enjoy the pics and loved the music! We too have an aft cabin on an upcoming Voyager cruise, cabin 1388, can't wait :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 26th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Melissa Pasquantonio

That was the best website I have seen, I really enjoyed your pictures, music etc. I am going on the Voyger in March to the Western Carribean. Thanks for all the information.
Old September 26th, 2003, 12:53 PM
serene

Donna: your aft cabin 1388 is thee best cabin on the whole entire ship. It was sold out when we booked our cruise 9 months ahead of time. You will absolutly love it.

As far as scanning menus- I talked to the waiter AND the Matre D all week about lettingme take the menus for my web page. They would not budge. I had to buy them which they sell on each ship for 7 bucks. It was worth the price for us to put on the page. We bought the set on Thursday and the waiter let us look at the menus for the whole week so I could see I wasnt getting ripped off. We were told that the menu is fleet wide and each ship has the same menu.

The compasses belong to us. The cabin steward will put the paper in your room each night. We requested two copies- one for us and one to scan. We did not include all the sales papers that came alkong with the compasses. We only included the daily activies. We had copies of the compasses from this past May and see that everything was the same when we went in September. Only the dates were changed.
Old September 29th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do the aft cabins on the 8th deck have sliding doors or just 1 door and a porthole. Iam looking for a cabin in that cat but I want the sliding door, I have never had a balcony before and i dont want to miss out, any other suggestions. Was thinking of 8390 or 8690. Thanks.
Old September 29th, 2003, 06:48 PM
serene

8390 and 8690 have a door that opens out into the balcony. We had 8682 which have a sliding glass door. THat was why we took 8690. We wanted a slider.
But can tell you that if you leave the curtains open during the day the cabin tends to get warm. We closed them during the day and kept it opened at night.
Old September 29th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Aft cabins on Voyager

Do you mean that you took cabin 8692 because it had the regular sliding doors? Were you happy with that cabin as compared to a regualr side balcony cabin?
Old September 30th, 2003, 09:11 AM
serene

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aft cabins on Voyager

I never had a side balcony so it wouldnt be right for me to compare. Joe and I have always cruised in the aft. We met a lot of people online before we met and decided to do a grand tour of various categories of the cabins. If you can get an aft balcony do so. The cabins are the same price on the side as the back as long as its the same category. My kids had a side and I just didnt like the side comparred to the back.
Now a side cabin is very breezy as the back dont get any air moving. 8692 got full sun during the day. And the cabin tended to get very warm.
I took 8692 for the sliding glass door. 8690 had just a door that opened out into the balcony. To me it made all the difference in the world.
Old September 30th, 2003, 09:33 AM
serene

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aft cabins on Voyager

Also, while you are looking you will see that deck 6 and 7 are cheaper compared to deck 8 or 9. The higher you go is the better, Try to at least stay on deck 8 or higher. It will be worth it.
On deck 6 you will have a lot of deck space before you get to the water.
http://joephila.net/cruise/ship13.jpg
this whole area is outside the balconies on deck 6.
Old September 30th, 2003, 06:09 PM
First Mate

Just make sure you don't get one of the obstructed view cabins on the back. One time we got upgraded to a jr suite with a nice big balcony, but the view was of metal superstructure.
Old September 30th, 2003, 09:45 PM
serene

DId you have a cabin on deck 6 or 7?
Old September 30th, 2003, 11:17 PM
First Mate

Can't recall but the pictures on the website above show it pretty well,