Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Anyone use RCI's Rebate Visa Credit Card?

I'm into rebates. Any money I can save can be used towards my cruise addiction.

Does anyone use the Royal Caribbean's Visa credit card which offers points towards freebies? I checked out the website, but not sure if it's worth the use.

Would love to know your experience or advice on it. Thanks.

Happy Cruising!
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Lady Di

Default Re: Anyone use RCI's Rebate Visa Credit Card?

Hi! I too am curious! I didn't appreciate the fact that you couldnt access the disclosure
page for interest rates etc. It says you have to call MBNA to get that info. Made me go
hmmmmm....

Di
Old September 28th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Eydie

I was very excited to get my royal Caribbean Visa. They list a lot of "freebies" you can get just for using the card, however in very small print at the bottom it says you actually only get to choose one of from the list. They make it sound like you will get everything listed under the amount you spent.
Old September 28th, 2003, 04:35 PM
hcat

We are still accumulating points but after a few cruises go on the card we will see what we actually get for our points....It's through MBNA & one thing I have not been happy with is the number of other phonesolicitations we get from MBNA with offers....
Old September 28th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I too have the RCCL card and while I am accumulating points, will take a ton of them to even get close to a "free" cruise if I ever get that many. I'm also a shareholder and with every RCCL cruise you take you get $100 shipboard credit, so thats something to consider, although lately their stock has gone up quite a bit, the one stock thats doing very well for me. I'm finding that more benefitcial for me, especially if I cruise on one of their ships, which is no problem :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 29th, 2003, 10:12 AM
Denise1

Default Re: Re: Anyone use RCI's Rebate Visa Credit Card?

Hey Donna! How's it goin?... We were kicking around purchasing some RCL stock post 9/11 but waited too long. Hindsite...I wish we would have!

When's your next cruise...January? We're going on the Mariner over Thanksgiving break. Andrew has the whole week off...any excuse right? Can't wait to do Brilliance next March.

Denise :-)
Old September 29th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Anyone use RCI's Rebate Visa Credit Card?

Hi Denise,
Doing good hear, just waiting around for the next cruise, which isn't until Feb. 22 of next year, but sometime in Jan. my married daughter will be having a baby boy, so that has us very excited :-)

Hope you are all doing good?? I know you'll love Brilliance!

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 29th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Denise1

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone use RCI's Rebate Visa Credit Card?

Congratulations Grandma!!! Or should we save that lovely title for after January? I'm so happy for you guys...Can't wait to see a picture posted showing him/her off...

Denise :-))))
Old September 29th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone use RCI's Rebate Visa Credit Card

Thanks Denise,
We do know its a "boy", so as soon as I have pics to post, I will :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 2nd, 2003, 09:49 AM
Harry McIntyre

The interest rate on the RCCL credit card is 7.9% after the promotional rate of 0% expires in January of 2004. The cash transaction fee, that is if you get cash from an ATM or a Bank with the card is 3% or a minimun of $5. Cash advances either from ATM's or thru the use of their checks do not qualify for points.

The nice thing about the card is that there is no annual fee charged, which is not true of many Airline credit cards which chrge up top $60 a year or more.

All the details are explained in a brochure you receive with the card.

Apply for it, it won't cost you anything, and if you don't like what you read about it in the paperwork you receive, call and cancel it. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

cruzincat
Old October 22nd, 2003, 08:50 AM
Passenger

Check out the icruise.com credit card (banner pops up when you go to their website)- it is MUCH better than the RCCL card and you can use it for RCCL cruises - if you spend $34K you get $1000 off of a cruise! Not bad.
Old October 24th, 2003, 02:26 PM
PALJOEYSMOM

On our last cruise in May we sat with 2 couples who had the NCL credit card. They loved it. I believe it was through MBNA as well. We actually thought about getting it too, then my husband did more investigation and determined it was best if we used our credit card for airline miles instead since we like to cruise on a lot of different lines.
For every $25k we spend we get one free airline ticket, including domestic and international up to a certain $ amount. Since we use our credit cards for just about everything including gas, groceries and food the $ mount up fast. I am off on my 15th cruise on Sunday 10/26. We are doing the Vision of the Seas to the Mexican Riviera. I am counting down the hours, can't wait.
Old October 24th, 2003, 02:29 PM
W770496

Also, put your tips on the card they double the bonus.
Old October 24th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Sooshie

We just got the card less than 6 months ago and after putting a 5 day cruise on it we
got a $50 shipboard credit (or various RCI prizes). I'm anxious to see how many points we acquired after charging the onboard charges and purchases to the visa card. I can't see us saving the points to get a free cruise...we'll just keep using the points as we get them.
Old October 26th, 2003, 05:35 AM
G8rCruiser

I too aquired the RCCL Visa Card when it came out earlier this year. When you calculate the bonus rate it is only one percent (1%) compared to Carnival Mastercards two percent (2%). However, anyway you look at it, it's extra money off the cruise.

So far we have used Carnival cards points twice. Once for $500.00 off on a cruise in 2001 and once for $1,000.00 off on a cruise in 2002. Our next Carnival cruise will be a suite, next March, on Carnival Miracle. We already have enough points to pay for it in its entirety, plus some extra for shipboard credits.

The RCCL card hasen't been out as long as Carnivals. We have saved enough, however, to cash-in $450.00 toward a Thanksgiving cruise next month on the new Mariner of the Seas (see you onboard Denise and Andrew). Booking 'onboard' Navigator, plus the Crown and Anchor discount, plus the stockholders bonus saved another $300.00.

If you cruise often, it really pays (back) to use the cards and to take advantage of the other offerings available at no extra cost.

Happy cruisings,

Dan
Old October 29th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Passenger

For those of you who are "RCI" shareholders; when you receive ship board credit, are they combing the number of share accounts you have or individual accounts?
Old October 29th, 2003, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Hi Bev,
You have to have at least 100 shares, we have just one account in both names and I understand we get $100 shipboard credit, so not sure if thats $50 each, but will find out when we get onboard in Feb.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 30th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Passenger

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your reply. Have fun in February!