Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Best cabin on the Voyager

Planning a cruise for Sept 2004 on the Voyager out of NYC. I am hearing aot about these aft cabins lately, which cabin on the ship do you fell is the best one? Let me just say that Im not about to spend tons of money so lets keep it to the regular balcony cabins and not the suites if that is possible, iM going to call and see if i can reserve a specific number, hopefully since its so early I'll get pick of the litter! thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2003, 04:24 PM
RCCL Design Webmaster

Default Re: Best cabin on the Voyager

IMHO cabins 8390/8690 are the best... large balcony but sun and (some...) privacy as well. Cabins 1388/1688 more expensive (D1 instead of DA) and have a pole right in the middle (but they are larger... personally I wouldn't be interested in empty extra space). Cabins 7388/7688: no sun. Cabins 9390/9690 must be pretty good as well (they have a door + a porthole instead of a sliding door).

For pics of these aft cabins try my website http://www.voyager-class.com
Onboard pics-photo galleries-Aft cabins

Romain

PS: to answer your head question directly... the Royal suite of course...!
Old September 29th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Romain,
We have 1388 booked on Voyager, whats your take on that cabin?

Thanks,

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 29th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Best cabin on the Voyager

What do you mean by some privacy? Am I better off going with the baclony cabins on the sides of the ship for more privacy? Can the people above you look down and see you sitting on your balcony if you have an aft cabin?
Old September 29th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Denise1

Default Re: Re: Re: Best cabin on the Voyager

Some aft cabins offer a cover over part of the balcony and open at the end. Some are fully covered. I would suggest going to your favorite search engine and plugging in Voyager pictures or photos. DEFINITELY check out Romains web-site. It's awsome! Aft cabins are great...we've sailed four cruises in aft cabins. The balconies are much larger.

Denise :-)
Old September 29th, 2003, 07:52 PM
serene

8690 have a door instead of sliding glass doors. The cabin on deck 10 on the corner. 1388 if you can get that get it. Its the best there is. If you decide on the aft try not to get deck 6 or 7. The balcony is nice but there is a lot of in the way stuff.
The balconies in the aft tend to step down. THe people above can look down into your balcony but can only see you if you are standing at the railings. The balconies on the aft will hold 2 lounge chairs. 2 regular chairs and a table and still have plenty of walking around room. THe cabins on the side hold 2 chairs and a small round table.
Its up to you if you want space or privacy.
Old September 30th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Hi C

Default Re: Re: Best cabin on the Voyager

Romain,

Your photos were awesome! I felt like I was already on board.
We are in one of your favorite cabins ..Voyager 8390.
I see by your pictures that it has a single door .
Does this allow enough light into the cabin?
Since this cabin is on the aft corner ...Do you have any kind of side view from the balcony?
Thanks for your amazing photo tour!!
Hi C
Old September 30th, 2003, 06:16 PM
RCCL Design Webmaster

Donna/Serene: although 1388/1688 are the most popular aft cabins, I don't agree and here's why:
1) as I wrote, they are more expensive (D1 vs DA/DB)
2) they're known as "C cabins priced as Ds"... I disagree here since in a C cabin you don't only have more room, you have larger closets, an extra sofa, etc. in these cabins you just have an empty space, plus a pole. If you really need more room go for it but IMHO it is useless
3) they are the least private cabins in a way, since part of your balcony can be seen from Island Grill on deck 11!

Chrissy: If you want total privacy, yes, the side balconies are better. Actually in most aft cabins you can see your neighbor by putting your head out of the balcony, or by loooking down. But overall you won't be spied on unless people really want to spy on you.

Denise and Hi C: glad you liked my website

Hi C & serene: indeed 8390/8690 have a single door instead of sliding doors, but it really is an unsignificant detail (at least for me it was). Hi C don't worry about the light going in! And yes there is a side view through the hole but you can only see the sea (not the side of the ship). You will be staying in the same cabin I stayed in 8 months ago!

Romain
Old September 30th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks so much for all your replies, very helpful. Im glad I found this site!Right now Im leaning toward cabin 8692 if we do decide to go with the aft cabins at all. I recently read somewhere about someone who stayed in an aft cabin and complained about her clothes getting ruined "soot" from the stacks on the ship. Has anyone ever experienced this? She didnt mention the ship she was on or the cabin number just that it was an aft cabin and how they finally got their room cahnged by the cruiseline because it was so bad. And one more thing do you feel alot of motion when you are all the way in the back of the ship like that? I have cruised before but always had midship cabins with a porthole, never even a balcony, I have never gotten sick but i heard you feel more movement when you arent in the middle. Thanmks agin for your help I hope to actually book a room in the next 2 weeks, even if we dont go withthe aft cabin I`m very grateful for all the suggestions, I'll let you know what we decide!
Old September 30th, 2003, 09:29 PM
eagles

what about cabin 1668 is this a good one ?
Old September 30th, 2003, 10:55 PM
aberfoyle

Hey guys i am in 7372 on the Voyager. Anyone know if it will have sun, privacy and good views of the ports??

Thanks