Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2003, 01:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default soot on aft balconies

I am still debating the entire aft balcony situation, hoping to book by the end of next week. I recently read somewhere that someone complaines that she had an aft cabin on the Voyager and had to have her room changes and lost over 150$ worth of clothes due to soot from the smoke stacks. Has anyone ever had this problem? Is it something I should worry about if I decide to go with the aft cabin? Still not positive if that is what Im doing but if I have to worry about getting soot all over me when Im on the balcony then I'm not going to do it. Thanks for all your help so far, Im really glad I found this board!
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2003, 06:41 PM
serene

Default Re: soot on aft balconies

I wouldnt worry about the soot problem. We had an aft on the VOyager and so did friends. THey had soot one day on their balcony and only got on their snorkle stuff. Just dont hang your expensive clothes out there. The cabin steward will clean the balcony if its necessary. THe aft cabins are worth it.

I also read about the poster stating the soot problems. FOund it rather odd that they did not know their cabin number or what deck they were on.
Old October 3rd, 2003, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Chrissy,
So far we've had one aft balcony cabin and never had that problem, booked on the next one, I wouldn't worry about soot.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 4th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Passenger

Chrissy,
I had a aft cabin on the Legend of the Seas several years ago, and I did have a soot problem. It was Cabin 8082 and it did at times make the funiture unsitable. The room steward did clean it several times, but I like to get up early and sit on my balcony and I took to cleaning the chair before I sat down. Its not a "BIG" problem, but it does happen.

Rick