Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Dave P

Default Anyone Need Navigator Answers?

We will be going on the Navigator for the 2nd time October 18th. If anyone is going on the Navigator in the future or thinking about going on the Navigator, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Just get me your questions before we leave, and I will respond when we get back. I realize that one persons opinion and expectations are different from another individual, so my answers will be based on our past experiences and keeping a totally open mind.

Regards,

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2003, 10:09 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Anyone Need Navigator Answers?

Hello Dave. I will be going on the Navigator for the New Years cruise. Can you tell me which nights might be the best time for eating in the alternative restaurants and which nights they might be? Also can I use the indoor spa facilities (sauna, steam room) without having to pay for it? Thanks.. Fred C
Old October 6th, 2003, 12:21 PM
SamIAm

Just off the Navigator 9/20/03 cruise. As far as going to the alternative restaurant, if you are doing the Western route, go the night you would be in Jamaica. The menu is only so-so that night and I believe that should be on a Tuesday. Any other questions...fire away!!
Old October 6th, 2003, 01:39 PM
First Mate

Just off the Navigator this past Saturday, 10/04. If you are going on the Eastern route, I would dine in the alternative restaurants on the Caribbean night, the menu in the dining room wan not that good. We went to Chops, best steak I have ever had!

This is one gorgeous ship, have fun!

Any questions e:mail me at carrie@alrightconcrete.com. Happy to answer your questions.

Royal Caribbean - Navigator of the Seas - 9/27/2003
Old October 6th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Anyone Need Navigator Answers?

With regards to which nights would be best for the alternative restaurants, I am doing the western Carribean, so I guess the day we're in Jamaica would be a good night. Any other nights where the food in the main dining rooms can be skipped?
Old October 7th, 2003, 10:55 AM
SamIAm

Honestly, I thought the other nights were fine, but if I had to choose, I would say the night the ship docks in Cozumel, which I believe is Thursday. The menu was fine, but I remember having a hard time making a decision because nothing sounded GREAT. I ended up getting lamb chops and they were very good, but I remember being a bit disappointed with the choices. Also, the early seating was delayed to 6:30 that night in order to give people more time on the island. So, I guess if I had to choose, that would be the night other than Caribbean night in Jamaica. The first formal night was Sunday and the second formal night was Wednesday.
Old October 7th, 2003, 02:25 PM
my $.02

Can you tell me where the IXTAPA LOUNGE is located on the ship?
Old October 8th, 2003, 09:14 AM
First Mate

aft, right below the Metropolis theatre, deck 3 or 4 (??)

Old October 8th, 2003, 09:45 AM
SamIAm

Default Re: Re: Re: Anyone Need Navigator Answers?

Actually I think the Ixtapa is at the first front (fore) of the ship on the same level as the Royal Promenade. The dining rooms are located aft on levels 3, 4, 5. Its a very large lounge and they usually do the Karaoke contest in there on most evenings.
Old October 8th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Ginnie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone Need Navigator Answers?

SamIAm is correct. The Ixtapa Lounge is all the way forward on deck 5, forward of the forward Centrum.
Ginnie
Old October 8th, 2003, 11:52 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone Need Navigator Answers?

Sorry, I got the aft and forward mixed up! All I know is its right below the Metropolis theatre.

Old October 8th, 2003, 11:55 AM
SamIAm

Nope guess again, its directly ABOVE the Metropolis theater, which is located on Deck 3 and balcony on Deck 4. Ixtapa is on Deck 5 forward from the Royal Promenade.
Old October 8th, 2003, 05:00 PM
First Mate

Yup ... Right at the front of the promenade. They have karaoke in there.

Old October 8th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Passenger

Can someone give me an idea of the asian food that is served at the Jade restaurant on the Navigator ?

Is it similar to what you'd find at your local "Chinese" restaurant (egg rolls, fried rice, chicken lo mein, etc) ?

Sushi ?
Thai ?

THANKS!
Old October 9th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to debv

Hi! Are there theme nights on the ship? I'll be sailing Western jan 10th.
So how does the menu thing work? They tell you what is being served and you take it or leave it? Do they have several options, for example, in the main didning room? Or is it just one. Sorry...never cruised before.
Old October 9th, 2003, 10:07 AM
SamIAm

cruzbert, I am not a big fan of Asian cuisine, but they did have many interesting looking dishes there. One evening, we stopped and watched the chef "design" a roll of what I guess was sushi. When he cut it, it looked like a beautiful flower pattern. Many people far more knowledgeable than myself were ooohing and aaahing saying that it was on par with some food they have had at nice sushi restaurants. I can tell you that the Asian folks on our cruise did seem to be there at many different times during the day.

Jade is near the front of the Windjammer and it offers pan-Asian items for breakfast as well. Being an "American" it was sort of fun to see what other nationalities like to eat for breakfast as its very different from our idea of eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc.
Old October 9th, 2003, 10:12 AM
SamIAm

Deby, the menu offers several different choices for each course. Several appetizers to choose from, salad, main courses, etc. They do have "theme" nights, but its not done to excess. You also have what is called Daily Alternatives which are you more traditional American type foods, chicken, steak, caesar salad, common types of pasta dishes. So, you won't have any problem finding at least one thing on the menu you like. Also, they seem to serve a lot of rice as the side dish for the entrees and by day three I was sort of sick of rice, so I asked for mashed potatoes instead on one of my entrees, and it was NO PROBLEM. You can tweak the menu if you want to.

Believe me, your servers want you to be as happy as possible, so don't hesitate to ask about anything. You can get sauces on the side, gravies on the side, etc. If you get an attitude from the server about anything, just talk to your headwaiter.
Old October 9th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Passenger

I'd like to hear more about the Karaoke. What are the typical hours. Is it a contest every night, or are there non-contest nights as well. What do the winners receive?

I suppose if there's Karaoke on board then I'll also need to know if the ships store sells
beer to have in your room and what it costs. I've read where you can buy liquor for $9.00 per liter over non-duty price, but what is this equivelant too? $15/Liter, $30/Liter?
Old October 10th, 2003, 12:31 AM
First Mate

Jade serves a combination of indian and asian dishes during buffet. Curry beef, schezuan chicken, and some interesting salad type items. During the day it is just a section of the buffet. In the evening they serve california rolls and some basic sushi as well as some traditional asian entrees.

A friend of mine had a karaoke company so I have had my fill and did not go. It seemed to be some kind of ongoing contest. I broke out my trustee Compass collection and here is what it says about it:
Sun Day 1 - Karaoke idol search and adult talent show
Calling all stars, Sign up on RCTV in your stateroom for the show on Friday. Singers must qualify through our Karaoke idol search. (Adults only). SPace is limited. Rehersal required.

Mon Day 2 - Karaoke idol Search - Come cheer your fellow guests on. The search begins for this week's stars.(10p-11:30p), ixtapa Lounge Deck 5

Tues Day 3 - Karaoke idol Search - Join the fun!(10p-11:30p), ixtapa Lounge Deck 5

Thurs Day 5 - Karaoke Idol Search Finals - Your last chance to qualify! (10:15p-11:30p), ixtapa lounge.

Sat Day 7 - Karaoke Idol Search Championship FInal and Talent Show - Who will be this week's champion? (10:30pm, Studio B, Deck 3)

Don't know what the prize was. Probably a key chain.

I don't believe they sell beer and I don't know if the corkage fee applies. Live a little and buy the beer at the bar. I think they are 3.75.

Old October 17th, 2003, 08:44 AM
bbahorik

We are going on the Navigator on Nov. 1st. One thing we have enjoyed on other RCL ships is the little movie theatre. We are not big gamblers or dancers so we enjoyed a movie in the evening. Does this ship have a little theatre? and if it does what kind of movies do they show and where is it? I have heard different things on the message boards and want to know before we leave! Thanks so much
Old October 17th, 2003, 09:52 AM
SamIAm

No "movie" theater on board the Navigator, but the shows in the main theater are fantastic. Go to the show the first night and you will get a preview of the week ahead. The entertainment during our cruise last month was FANTASTIC! I was really happy with each show we saw.
Old October 18th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Anyone Need Navigator Answers?

Sorry Samiam but there is a movie theater on the Navigator...it is small, about 20 seats but there is definitely a theater at the front of the ship near the conference center on deck 3 i believe.
Old October 21st, 2003, 09:36 AM
SamIAm

Wow, now see I just learned something and I thought I had seen the whole ship. I guess I now need to go back just to see the little movie theater. Any excuse will do.... ;-)