Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2003, 10:22 PM
RebeccaS

Default Transportion from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami

I was wondering, does anyone know if there is some type of Bus or Shuttle service from Fort Lauderdale to Miami? Will cabs run from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami? I have been checking airfares and it so much cheaper from where I live to fly to Fort Lauderdale than Miami. The last time we were in FL we drove from FLL to MIA to pick up lost lugguage and it was nothing( easy short drive). However, we are not going to have a rental car this time. Also, when we got back from our cruise Carnival drove us and a busload of others from Port Everglades to MIA on shuttle bus, because FLL booked up and we had to fly home from MIA.
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2003, 11:40 AM
saint

Default Re: Transportion from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami

We're flying in/out of Ft. Lauderdale for better air fare, too! We arrive 2 days before the cruise so we rented a van to get to Miami. On the way home we're taking the RCI ground transportation (I think it's $19 each).
Old October 6th, 2003, 01:19 PM
SamIAm

Tri-County Transportation www.floridalimo.com is another option. We recently used them and had a great experience. They are located OUTSIDE the baggage claim about halfway down the corridor.
Old October 8th, 2003, 07:11 PM
cricket55

We also used Tri-County Express last Jan because we found it much cheaper to fly into FLL than Miami and they were great. It cost us around $60 from FLL airport to South Beach and the driver was very friendly and informative. This was for a private car by the way, it's cheaper if you take the shuttle (around $15 per person I think) but since there were 3 of us, it wasn't much more to take the private car and it left right away, rather than waiting for the shuttle bus to fill up and make extra stops along the way.
Old October 9th, 2003, 12:46 PM
jlynd

When we used Tricounty - we paid $15 for their share-a-ride service and it was great. They did not use a bus - we were in a towncar just like they use for the private car service. We just shared it with 2 other people since there were just 2 of us. They gaurantee that your wait will not be more then 20 minutes and we waited less then 10. I hope this helps!
Old October 9th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Rebecca S

Is that $15pp one way or roundtrip?
Old October 9th, 2003, 06:58 PM
cricket55

Default Re: Re: Transportion from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami

It's $15 per person one-way. Yes, sometimes you can get the shuttle where you share with only a few other people (ours was a small shuttle bus, not a towncar however, I think it depends what's available at the time) and don't have to wait too long. We were able to do that going back to FLL from Miami and as luck had it, we got dropped off first so it was cheaper and just as fast. For 2 people, I would definitely recommend the shuttle as opposed to the private car, unless you feel like splurging and spoiling yourselves.
Old October 9th, 2003, 10:03 PM
EricO

You can look at this as well. http://www.tri-rail.com/