Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2003, 02:08 PM
rance222

Default digital camera info..memory

Just back from eos and one great feature they had for those of you with digital cameras is for 14.95, you can burn your photos onto a cd to free up your memory. I went thru my 256mg card very fast and was great to free up more memory.
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2003, 01:26 PM
stevel

Default Re: digital camera info..memory

Does anybody know if they offer same on the Majesty?
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to coachnh Send a message via MSN to coachnh

Was this enchantment of the Seas or Explorer of the Seas?

Thanks,
Old January 14th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Familiar Face

They had the digital print and CD burn service on the Navigator too.
It's a nice service, but I had trouble using that system with my IBM 1GB Microdrives. First, I found that the compact flash slot wouldn't accomodate the thickness of the Microdrive. Then, when I used the PCMCIA adapter, I was able to access the drive, but.... there were too many files to fit on one CD. The thing then stopped and would not continue. The staff at the photo shop was very helpful though. They took the Microdrive to their own computer. They split the pictures into two parts and burned two CD's for me. I took over a thousand pics during the cruise. Even then, I had to go back and delete some, in order to make room before the trip was over.
I have an alternative for my next trip though. A 40 GB Delkin PicturePad. That will hold a few more pictures (like over 12,000 at 3MB each.). And it's not much bigger than a PDA.

JoePhotographer
Old January 15th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: digital camera info..memory

I usually take three or four 128MB memory cards and download the pictures to my computer when I get home. You can then select which pictures you want to burn to a CD. I hate to sound cheap but $14.95 sounds like a lot of money for a CD that costs just pennies to buy blank, and then I'd worry about storing the CD withour damaging or breaking it while on the cruise.

Grandeur of the Seas