Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2003, 05:55 AM
outlaw

Default embarkation time

My wife and I are taking our first cruise on the Voyager on 11/30. The itinerary indicates we leave Miami at 5pm. What time can we arrive at the ship? We're flying into Ft Lauderdale the day before, but I would like to arrive at the ship as early as possible. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: embarkation time

We are also sailing for the first time in Dec. from reading lots and lots of posts I hear you can arrive as early as 11 am but you won't get on the ship then, you will have to wait in lines and get all your paperwork stuff taken care of. Then you will get on the ship and have lots of time to explore, find your cabin (you may only be able to drop off your carry on though because your cabin might not be ready yet) and start your vacation. I believe they have a buffet available for lunch too. We are also flying in the day before with a group and we will leave our hotel at about 10 am and will get to the cruise terminal around 11 or 11:30. I can hardly wait!
Old October 13th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Rachel T

Default Re: Re: embarkation time

Remember to pack your swimsuits and sunblock in your carry-ons! We always get on the ship early, have some lunch, change and head for the pool - we're practically the only ones there, and you can see the jealous look in the eyes of the people saying to themselves "Man, I wish my swimsuit wasn't in my main luggage - which I won't see for several hours!" Enjoy!
Old October 13th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: embarkation time

Last year, my husband and I sailed on the Enchantment. We arrived at the ship at about 11:00 and were all checked in (complete with all the pictures) before noon. We actually went to our room and left our carry on's and went to the Windjammer for lunch. When we got back to our room our luggage as there and we were unpacked before the room steward came to say hello at about 2:30. Then we went to explore. It was great to get there the nite before. Alot more relaxing. Have a great time. Only 3 1/2 weeks until we leave from Tampa for 10 days in the Western Carb.