Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Brandi S

Default Specialty Restaurants on NOS?

What are the charges for Chop's Grill and Portofino? Are they worth it? What other charges are there for food onboard? Is there a charge for ice cream? I love ice cream, pizza, sub sandwichs and seafood. Jade is an asian restuarant, right? Do they have sushi? Is Windjammer any good? I am not much on burgers and hotdogs, but I love shakes, malts and fries. What is Johnny Rockets like?

What about the shore excursions? Do you have to be in a shore excursion to climb Dunns River Falls? I want to do it, but afraid that I may not be able to and might need to bail out.

What the spa? I would love to have some treatment.
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2003, 02:38 PM
SamIAm

Default Re: Specialty Restaurants on NOS?

There is a $20 pp charge for Chops and Portofino. ITS WORTH IT!! Seattle's Best Coffee Stand and Ben & Jerry's also charge and they are located on the Promenade. There is free ice cream (if you want to call it ice cream) at Sprinkles and I believe I saw one on the pool deck somewhere too. I like the Windjammer for breakfast, never did lunch there or dinner. Breakfast is crowded!! The NOS windjammer seats 700 people and nearly half the ship shows up for breakfast. I did room service for breakfast twice and it was great.

Johnny Rockets had good burgers (not the best I've ever had, but good) and the shakes were really really good. Its fun and its a definite must at least once during the cruise. They bring you fries, rings, ketchup and a ranch dip for the rings when you first sit down. They also have a few sandwiches on the menu too like BLTs and tuna salad sandwich.

Jade did offer sushi, but I'm not a big fan of sushi, so I can't comment on quality. However, some of their "rolls" were very pretty.

If you are interested in the spa, go the first day and decide which treatment you would like to have. Then as the week progresses, watch the cruise Compass, especially on port days, by late in the week, the price will be cut nearly in half. Watch out for the high pressure sell for product after the service. A firm No should keep them at bay, but be prepared for it, you will get it.

If you get a chance ask for Fiona, she was really sweet and kept the selling pressure to a minimum.

I wouldn't climb Dunn's River falls on a bet (and I am in good enough shape to do it), so I can't help you there.
Old October 16th, 2003, 08:07 PM
NavigatorCruiser

Default Re: Specialty Restaurants on NOS?

We climbed Dunns River Falls, and my daughter and I bailed out, although my husband completed it. It had rained a lot before we got there, so the falls were very heavy, and the little pools along the way very deep. There are several ways you can get off the falls along the way.
Old October 18th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Ginnie

Default Re: Re: Specialty Restaurants on NOS?

I just want to add that the food is all free in Johnny Rockets, but you have to pay for the shakes and malts.
Ginnie