Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Serenade Balcony Cabin ?

Hello All! I am crusing on the Serenade on 10/30. I just got my cabin assignment it is Cabin # 7666. Anyone know if this is a nice cabin?

thanks,
Jenn
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2003, 04:17 PM
my $.02

Default Re: Serenade Balcony Cabin ?

We were just on the Seranada and had 7164 (opposite side of the ship, same location). As far as the room and position, it was nice. Aft, so there is quite a walk from the stair/elevator, but it did not bother us. The balcony is a bit bigger then all others, as it extends out further. The issue here is that when you are up against your railing, you can be seen from above as you are actually out further then then all other balconies.

The BIGGEST issue with this is that there is a club/lounge right below there. Although it did not "really" bother us, you do hear (feel) the music from below each night.

Let me kniw if you have any other questions.
Old October 14th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Serenade Balcony Cabin ?

Hi! Thanks for your advice. I guess there isn't much we can do at this point about changing rooms, maybe ask at the pier. I actually like that the balcony is bigger, doesn't bother me that we can look up or others can look down, it's only gonna be me and one of my girlfriends - 2 single girls....

My main concern is the music interrupting our sleep. You say it didn't really bother you so was it more like a dull noise or just a vibration?...hmm...

Thanks so much!
Jenn
Old October 15th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Serenade Balcony Cabin ?

Having done 3 sailings on her sister, "Radiance," I doubt that you will be disappointed with that cabin due to the extended balcony. It is a nice jaunt to the Centrum stair/elevator area but you get used to it quickly. Also, I think the noise is based more to the port side of the ship due to the stage location in the "Colony Club" (the noisier of the lounge areas below you). Hope that helps, Robbie