Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Voyager aft cabin hope I didn't make a mistake!!

I just saw some pictures on webshots of the Voyager balconies & wasnt pleased with what I saw. On the Princess & NCL ships the aft balconies go right the the end like the side balconies but the aft balconies on the Voyager ships don't & they appear to be closed in sort of like caves, really dark & have all kinds of metal obstructing their views. After seeing these pictures I'm really sorry I changed from a side balcony to an aft balcony . I thought I would be able to stan at the edge of the balcony & look straight down into the water but it seems the rail is way too far back from the edge & you're enclosed in metal walls.

Mimi
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2003, 09:47 AM
serene56

Default Re: Voyager aft cabin hope I didn't make a mistake!!

I dont think you made a mistake going from a side to an aft. I seen the side balconies.. which hole two chairs and a round table. The aft will hold 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table with plenty of room to walk around.

You cant stand at the enge and look directly into the water but the metal that is around back there will not block your view. What cabin did you book??

http://joephila.net/cruise/

Here is the view of our balcony from inside the room. Notice ALL the people on it.
http://joephila.net/cruise/ship18.jpg
Old October 17th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Voyager aft cabin hope I didn't make a mistake!!

Well you know they say size doesnt matter but maybe it's different with balconies
ANYWAY.... We're in 9690 & I'm sure I'm just being paranoid & it will be wonderful. Please somebody convince me!!!!

Mimi
Old October 18th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Ginnie

Default Re: Re: Re: Voyager aft cabin hope I didn't make a mistake!!

Mimi,
We were booked in cabin 9390, same type cabin and location on the starboard side aft, on the Navigator, and I changed it to cabin 8618 after I saw cabin 9390 on a pre-inaugural 2 night cruise.
I agree with you about the obstructions and the space between your balcony railing and the stern of the ship. I saw this in person, not in a photo, and didn't like it at all. The balcony is much larger, but I personally would rather have a smaller balcony with a great view of the water below, than a large verandah with an obstruction.
We sailed the Grandeur in an aft cabin, with a large balcony, and it was absolutely fabulous, as the balcony went all the way to the very end of the ship, but that is not the case with the Voyager class ships.
Ginnie
Old October 18th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi,

I stayed in a deck 6 aft cabin on The Voyager (6688) I think and was very disappointed with the balcony. Although it is true that the aft balconies are at least 3 times larger the view and feeling are not as good as a side balcony in my opinion.

Good luck,

Bill
Old October 18th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Now I am getting nervous. we are booked on the Voyager cabin 7388 and people are saying its great, the biggest balcony on the ship. Is it even worth it to have a large balcony if you have a view that is going to be obstructed? I have nevr even had a balcony before but I thought we would splurge for this trip, I want my husband to be impressed not disappointed with the views. O now what to do?
Old October 18th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Denise1

Default Re: Re: Voyager aft cabin hope I didn't make a mistake!!

Out of the 13 cruises we've taken, our last 4 have been in aft cabins. The view is wonderful and we loved the extra room.

Denise :-) 5 wks/1day to Mariner
Old October 22nd, 2003, 03:00 PM
Tamara

We're booked in cabin 7690 on Voyager for December. I, too, have been apprehensive about it. I really love the side balconies. But if you visit the boards on cruisecritic.com, you'll find that everyone over there raves about the aft cabins. So we'll give it a try!
Old October 22nd, 2003, 04:42 PM
Ginnie

Denise,
On which ships did you have the aft balconies? We have also had them in the past and loved them, but not on the Voyager class ships. I can't speak for the cabins aft on deck 10, but I definitely didn't care for the view on deck 9.
Ginnie