Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2003, 03:05 PM
David Starkey

Default Voyager too big?

I am an avid cruiser that has cruised since 1970 and sailed over 50 cruises. I usually sail cruise (perfer) medium size ship 60,00-80,000 ton average. I am considering the Voyager for a 5 day Canada cruise next May. My concern is that this vessel is so large that it will not sem like a cruise ship just a floating resort. Having 3000 people on board also is a concern for me.
Any thoughts from you other cruiser's that enjoy ships that are in the "medium" size that have also sailed on this ship??
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2003, 03:11 PM
serene56

Default Re: Voyager too big?

I was on the Voyager this past September with a full ship. Over 3500 people. I never felt like there was that many people onboard with me. Never had to stand in long lines for the buffet for lunch or breakfast..
The Voyager is a beautiful ship. You should expierence it at least once. and make sure ya go to an ice show.

Did you check out our web site??
http://joephila.net/cruise/
Old October 16th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Denise1

I am in agreeement w/ the above and since you have cruised so often, it would be an experience for you just to try it. Try it, you'll like it!!!!

Denise :-) 5 wks/3 days to Mariner
Old October 16th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Dave,
I too prefer the 90,000 size ships, but in this case its a ship you have to try at least once, we did and are going again on Voyager after doing Radiance, which is beautiful... I don't think you will be disappointed in the least, the shows are outstanding, food was good as well as service and I love the lay-outs of the cabins, same as the Radiance class, so do give it a try, as you said its only for 5 nights.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 17th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Voyager too big?

I was also concerned about the lack of outdoor space, especially the fantail dining area, always a favorite of ours especially for breakfast, but I feel like I would be missing out on a something special if I didn't try the Voyager. December 7th will be here before we know it!!

Mimi
Old October 21st, 2003, 10:04 PM
First Mate

We got hooked on cruising after our first trip on Explorer, Voyager's sister ship. Never had trouble finding our way around; it's big enough that we didn't feel crowded; service, food and everything else was great.
We sailed the Summit , Celebrity's Millenium-class, to Alaska this summer. It's a bit smaller than the Voyager class, but pretty big and we loved it, too. We started with the big ships and intend to stick with them.

Explorer E. Carib. 1/12/02
Explorer W. Carib. 1/18/03
Summit Alaska cruise/tour 8/3/03
Adventure S. Carib. 2/8/04