Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2003, 03:51 PM
Pauli Moss

Default Brillance of the Seas or Millenium?

We are considering a transatlantic in April/May and would like opinions regarding which ship would be the better choice. Brilliance has a great rate - but I am concerned about the level of food quality and service compared to Celebrity. Any thoughts are appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2003, 01:13 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Re: Brillance of the Seas or Millenium?

That is a tough decision. I haven´t cruised before and am right now teetering between Brilliance and Summit, both cruises are Caribbean.

I´ve run into the same problem. The price for Brilliance is less. Based on price, I would choose her. The ship is also what peaked my interest in taking a cruise. There are lots of pros as to why I should make my first cruise with her. But...

I´ve heard so many positives about Celebrity that I think it would be worth the extra cost to take the Summit. Food quality and service are important to us and Celebrity seems to have the edge there.

And as far as a Transatlantic cruise is concerned, I would be partial to the Millenium simply because of her nostalgic look. Go to the article´s section and look up Kuki´s article about his transatlantic crossing. Might be interesting for you.

Guess I´m actually no help but heck!

karen
Old October 23rd, 2003, 03:49 PM
hcat

We decided not to choose--We are booked for Summit this yr & Brilliance for next!
Old October 23rd, 2003, 04:06 PM
hcat

Forgot to mention that our Summit cruise is the Caribbean & the Brilliance is panama canal without a through transit. I just looked at the virtualtoursusa.com site mentioned on this board & both ships are really gorgeous! You may want to take a look
Old October 24th, 2003, 10:07 AM
susancruzs

I'm putting a vote in for the Brilliance! I sailed on the Brilliance in March of this year and she is one gorgeous ship! So light and airy, lots of windows, seems no matter where you walk you can see outside!

I found the Summit to be too dark, and not enough windows for my individual taste. There were times I had to struggle to find a place to sit to look outside! Yes, the food is probably a little better on Celebrity and more elegant in presentation but food is not that important to me.

We had 5 sea days and it was just strange. I like to read or do needle work but I like to be somewhere so I can people watch, maybe get a drink, plus look outside! Could not
do this on the Summit unless I was up in the buffet area and I wanted to be on a comfortable chair!

On the Brilliance or Golden Princess, I could always find places to sit (comfortable) with people passing by and a view to the sea. This may seem like a small thing but with 5 sea days and traveling alone, an issue for me! It's different if it's fun in the sun and you are outside all day but on crossings that isn't always the case.

Susie
Old October 24th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Yeoman

"Celebrity" still uses a separate and more expensive food caterer so I am going to try "Celebrity" in Feb '04, while the prices are down. Am loyal to "RCI" so have the "Jewel" booked in May too!