Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2003, 12:32 PM
newbie cruiser

Default excursions - bathrooms??

We are going to the Mexican Rivera next month, and signed up for 2 excurisons - the Tropical Jungle tour in Puerto Vallarta, and the Santa Maria Snorkel & Sail tour in Cabo.
For both of these tours, the brochure said to wear swimsuits under our clothes, because there is no place to change on the tour. Are there not bathrooms anywhere on these tours? One is 3 hours long and one is 5 hours long! Has anyone done either one of these tours? I don't really have a problem with wearing my suit under my clothes, but was hoping to change back into dry clothes afterwards.
Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: excursions - bathrooms??

Except for the buses, I have never had a problem finding a bathroom. Changing rooms have a specific purpose and I for one am glad they don't expect everyone to change in the bathrooms. I doubt you will have any problems cuz I love to cruise but have a small bladder and I have always gotten along fine on excursions, even in Mexico.
Old October 27th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: excursions - bathrooms??

Thanks Robbie -
I guess they tell us to wear our swimsuits so they are not waiting forever for everyone to change clothes - that makes sense. I will probably wear my suit, and bring a change of dry clothes and try to sneak off and change! :-)

Laurie
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Beginner

Laurie,

This has absolutly nothing to do with the washrooms on the tours but I was wondering what ship you were sailing on? I went to the Mexican Riviera in May on the Vision. It was amazing.
Old October 28th, 2003, 09:52 PM
newbie cruiser

Hi Lilred -
I am sailing on Vision also - please tell me all about your cruise!
This is my first one, and we are so excited!

Laurie
Old October 28th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: excursions - bathrooms??

Laurie,

I have been on a couple of Royal cruises and this was by far my favorite. The ship is beautiful, it is definetly not as large as some of the mega ships being built today but it is still quite large and still maintains that level of comfort.

The staff was incredible. Especially the dining room staff. Our waiter, Yalcin was so nice that I wanted to bring him home with me at the end of the cruise!!!!!!! Okay,Okay he was really handsome too! Seriously though all joking aside I really do believe that the staff on the cruise ship will play a huge part in the overall enjoyment of your vacation and I can honestly tell you that you have chosen a great ship with great staff.

There is also all kinds of entertainment shows on board. The only show that I have to advise against going to see is the "Men's Hairiest Chest Competion"....I still have nightmares!!!

The ports of call are incredible. I did the highlight tours in the ports. Cabo is really beautiful. Mazatlan was the best port in regards to the tour. We drove a couple of hours to some small colonial towns so you really got a feel for what life is like. The only thing that made me extremely uncomfortable in Cabo & Mazatlan was the poverty. I was warned before hand but I guess that I wasn't prepared to see children begging. Puerto Vallarta is very different in that respect I did not see anybody begging at all. If you have time after your excursion in Puerto Vallarta go into the center of town by the water. Little restaurants and shop line cobble stone streets......it was so beautiful that I would love to spend a week there. The taxi ride from town back to the ship is about $10.00 for 2 people(same in Mazatlan)....just make sure that you agree upon a price before getting in the taxi. Oh yeah If you are looking to buy silver in Mexico never buy silver from the guys that approach you while you are walking. They will tell you that it is real silver but it is not. If the police see people trying to sell the silver like products they confiscate the goods from the sellers.This happens in all of the ports.

I hope this helps a bit. You are going to love it!!!!!!! If you want to know more or see some pictures let me know. I will send you my e-mail address.

Jennifer
Old November 1st, 2003, 12:04 PM
newbie cruiser

Jennifer -
We have been to Mexico a few times, but only to Ensenada and Tiajuana - it will be our first time to these ports. We are not taking any tours in Mazatlan, we thought we would just play it by ear when we get there and see what there is to do. Get some shopping in, spend some time on the beach...
The ship sounds wonderful - we are really getting excited about going! I have been shopping like crazy for clothes and things to take with us - I think I have spent almost as much money on stuff for the cruise as I did for the cruise itself!

Laurie

PS - I think my husband would win the 'hairiest chest contest'!
Old November 5th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Beginner

Laurie,

I have never been to Ensenada but I have been to Tijuana and Los Algodones. Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta are so different. I am sure that you will find plently to do in Mazatlan as it is quite a large city. When is the cruise? You are going to have a fantastik time.

I totally understand what you mean about the shopping. I bought so much new clothing before I left home. The cruise departed out of San Diego so we flew down a couple of days early just so we some time sightseeing & realxing before the cruise......that never happened as I spent the whole time shopping!!!!!!

Jennifer
Old November 6th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Passenger

Hi Jennifer -
We are going Thanksgiving week - while you are eating turkey and watching football, we will be touring the jungle in Puerto Vallarta!
Laurie
Old November 9th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Passenger

Laurie-

We'll be on the same cruise on Thanksgiving week! Where are you from?

We're coming in from St. Louis...

Joy

Post Edited (11-09-03 13:21)
Old November 10th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Passenger

Hi Joy!
We are in Phoenix. We have family in the Los Angeles area, so we are driving over there on Saturday, and the family will take us to the port on Sunday. Less than 2 weeks now, we can't hardly wait! It's nice to 'meet' someone who will be on our cruise!

Laurie