CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Is spa treatment worth the money? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/232902-spa-treatment-worth-money.html)

Hi C October 28th, 2003 09:21 PM

Is spa treatment worth the money?

We are sailing on the Voyager of the Sea very soon and am wondering what is the cost for the spa treatments (massages,facials,etc)? If you have experienced this please give us some feed back on the overall treatment..Thanks so much!
Hi C

debv October 28th, 2003 09:27 PM

Re: Is spa treatment worth the money?

go to "search" on RCI's website. type in "cost of massage" and it will bring up facials, massages, etc....or atleast should. i will be on navigator. anyhow, when you do the search, use the 2nd box to type your question in. mine never works in the 1st for some reason.

bbahorik October 29th, 2003 06:51 AM

Re: Re: Is spa treatment worth the money?

I couldnt get this to work. I tried it over and over and the search gave me no info. I would love to know the prices of the spa treatments. On my last cruise I had a 2 hour full body massage and it was worth EVERY pennny ! (Only I cant remember exactly how much it cost...I was thinking around 175 but not sure)

Jamesb October 29th, 2003 06:59 AM

Here's a direct link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/asp/fa...sid=59&fid=224

debv October 29th, 2003 07:49 AM

Re: Re: Is spa treatment worth the money?

thanks for posting that james!!

SamIAm October 29th, 2003 03:24 PM

Go to the spa on the first day and get a tour, get the price list they offer you for the services...then be very patient. During the week, especially on port days, they will offer at one point or another every service on that sheet for about half the price. A facial that cost $149 on Sunday, will be discounted to about $79 by Thursday. Are they worth it, well I had a facial and it lasted about 35 minutes with 10 of those minutes spent just relaxing under a mask, 20 minutes actually getting the facial and the 5 additional minutes getting a consultation and product pitch.

Are they worth it....ummm, its up to you, but for a few dollars more in Las Vegas, I can get a full hour facial and no sales pitch. Even at $79 I was a bit disappointed.

jasonalec October 29th, 2003 06:33 PM

My wife LOVES the spa. She seems to think it is well worth it. A bit pricier than some land based places but it is roughly the same or less than others. If you enjoy spa treatments and you have the budget for it, they are well worth it. She is in a state of bliss after hers. There is a really cool couples treatment called risoul (not sure of spelling). It is a steamroom for 2 where you cover each other in lotions and mud. Then it rains in the room for a while to wash it off.

carla823 November 3rd, 2003 05:24 AM

I emailed RCCL directly and asked for a "menu" and prices for our sail dates/ship. Pretty much the most expensive thing is a facial & massage costing around $176. If you email them with your booking ID they will send you a list.

Priscilla Curbow November 3rd, 2003 06:23 PM

Use Search engine go to Steiner Leisure`Limited for info and price list for ship spa. Good luck, Pris

Post Edited (11-03-03 18:41)

hcat November 4th, 2003 05:52 PM

Treatments are pricey compared to home town spa, but good for the most part . Having had quite a few of diff types, I would say they tend toward the cosmetic, beauty & skin--rather than more health type--reflexlogy was not the real thing! There is always the soft sell for very expensive stuff--& while it is a good brand I am allergic to alot of it! I always do 1 or 2 but will look for coupons & specials this time around. Guess it's fun to splurge while on vacation & the prices are in line or better than most spa resports....It is also nice to meet the cosmetologists--all seem to be very nice people.