Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Plano97
Default 24 hour ice cream and adult only pool?

The last time I was on a RCCL ship was in 2001. I noticed that ice cream is not available 24 hours like on a Carnival ship. My family eat alot of ice cream. Is ice cream available 24 hours now or is it dependent on the ship? Another thing different from the Carnival ships is that one pool is for all and one pool is adult only. This makes the first pool very crowded for my kids. Is this still true or is it dependent of the ship? I am thinking of the Adventure of the Sea for southern caribbean route in June.

Adventure of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: 24 hour ice cream and adult only pool?

Hi Plano,
I noticed on Explorer they had these soft icream machines with various toppings that you could help youself to, seemed they were always available. I noticed 2 of them, each on opposite sides of the windjammer cafe.

Yes, there is also an adult pool, great place to relax, very nice!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 29th, 2003, 04:16 PM
SamIAm

There is 24 hour ice cream at Sprinkles on the Royal Promenade, but I use the term ice cream loosely. Its much more like icemilk or frozen yogurt.

The solarium is the adult pool. Its nice with its own bar. Also, there is a private sunning area above the Sky bar just above Deck 11. Its not publicized AT ALL, but if you look, you will find it. ;-)
Old October 29th, 2003, 07:49 PM
First Mate

The free Ice cream on adventure is a frozen milk and is available most of the time but I would not say 24 hours. They have begun selling real, premium ice cream (forget the brand, Ben & Jerry's type) on their newer ships (Navigator, Mariner) but you have to pay for it. I don't know if they started offering it on the other ships yet.

There is a kids pool, a main pool, and an adult pool. You should not have a problem there. I think the newer ships have done away with the kids pool in favor of a larger kids section of the ship.

Old November 13th, 2003, 04:30 PM
aqusis

We've found ice cream (or their version of it) is only available when the windjammer is open. Also, there are pools designated as adults only but we've never seen the rules enforced. On Sovereign in October, the 'adults' pool had more kids in it that the other pool, kids unsupervised in the whirlpools when they are posted as 16+ w/out adult supervision, and lots of babies in diapers even though signs posted state against rules. I don't hate children, please don't bash, but do understand it is disappointing for those that counted on being able to enjoy a hot tub or the pool without kids jumping in on their heads. If the cruiseline isn't willing to enforce their own posted policies, why have the policies to begin with?
Old November 13th, 2003, 06:30 PM
jlynd

On Explorer there were softserve machines on the Royal Promenade that were open 24 hours - the ones in the Windjammer were only open when the Windjammer was only. The Solarium pool is adults only. I never saw any children in the adults only pool on our cruise. I guess every ship is different. I hope this helps!
Old November 14th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Maria65

I'm just off Voyager and I never saw any kids in the adult pool or hot tub. I felt self-concious even having my kids walk through the solarium area but we had to take the forward elevators and walk to the aft to get to the Island Grill each morning.