Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Passenger

Default western carribean excursions

Whats hot and whats not?
We have a party of 5 in our fifties with one 15 year old ...any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2003, 08:49 PM
LYDELL @ BILLIE DAUSTER

Default Re: western carribean excursions

We just returned from the Voyager. What a blast. We parasailed at Labadee. The waverunner tour was very popular also. You have to go on the white river intertubing expedition inOcho Rios jamaca. It was the greatest! Didnt do Duns River fall and glad we didnt. Talked to many people afterward who regretted it. Very chalenging and steap. If you go on the tubing safari be sure to take some extra cash ;to buy pictures of you going through the rapids at the end. So beautiful and fun. You wont regret it. It was on Jamaca. Be sure to buy the $7.88 underwater cameras from Walmart. They worked great. We also did the Stingray and snorkeling combo tour at Georgetown, Crand Caymans. So beautiful and a lot of fun. Very professional. Dont wory about being in the ocean. They have all the equipment including lifevests which everyone has to wear. We didnt do anything at Cozumel. There was a thunderstorm when we got off with wicked lightning. Hope this helps. Write if you have anymore questions and Ill be glad to try and answer them.
Old November 9th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Christopher

Default Re: Re: western carribean excursions

Would love it if you could email with details of who you booked your rafting tour through and the stingray tour also............maybe info on both, pro's and con's!!!!! Thanks!!!!! I sail Feb.29th
Old November 10th, 2003, 08:57 AM
LYDELL @ BILLIE DAUSTER

Default Re: Re: Re: western carribean excursions

I sent you a reply to your email address. If you don't get it just post your request again.
Old November 10th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Passenger

Thanks for your input...the falls were going to be on our list ..I'll be changing that today Thanks
Old November 10th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: western carribean excursions

I would like the rafting tour info. also. Thanks
Old November 10th, 2003, 04:19 PM
LYDELL @ BILLIE DAUSTER

I have sent a reply to your e mail address. Let me know if you don't get it.
Old November 10th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were going to book the Sundancer boat tour from the ship to the falls. I have been there before & have no interest in climbing..too dangerous for me & boring. I'm 54 & in really bad shape but my sweetie & our 20 yr old son were going to do it..just for something to do & I thought I would enjoy the party boat on the way back.. However, the tubing sounds great but I was afraid it would be too wild or dangerous..What's involved? I think I would enjoy it more.

Mimi
Old November 10th, 2003, 09:56 PM
LYDELL @ BILLIE DAUSTER

Default Re: Re: Re: western carribean excursions

You will love it. Book through RCCL. When you get off the ship a RCCL rep will direct you to the vans. You ride for about 30-40 min. up into the mountains on one lane two way roads. You will get into your tubes and the whole group including 8-10 guides who watch out ;for you float down the river. It is beautiful. Bamboo cane canopy over the river. You go down about 1\2 way and then stop for a refreshing drink. Then on to the end. The rapids are fun. Nothing dangerous. Take some extra money to buy jerk chicken and trinkets at the end. They also take pictures of you going down. This was the most enjoyable thing we did. Take some waterproof cameras from wallmart ( $8) and you will have a blast. You will not have any trouble doing it. We will definitely do it again if we ever get back to Ocho RIos. Write if yu need any more info. ENJOY !!!!!!
Old November 11th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: western carribean excursions

HOw much does it cost? Is it a morning excursion? HOw long altogether. Thanks. I hadn't heard of this one and it is right up my alley.
Old November 11th, 2003, 10:43 AM
LYDELL @ BILLIE DAUSTER

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: western carribean excursions

It was on the RCCL website under excursions . I think it was around $50 per person. Be sure to take some extra money to buy the jerk chicken at the end. It was tasty and I was hungry. They also take pictures of you going through the rapids etc. and have them for sale. It is the excursion we wished we could do again. I think it was offered several times.We took the earyl tour and got back to the ship with plenty of time to eat and clean up and then shop. Write if you have any more questions. I think the title is river tubing safari. There is another one on another river where you float down on a two person raft but that didnt look as inviting or fun.
Old November 11th, 2003, 10:51 AM
LYDELL @ BILLIE DAUSTER

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: western carribean excursions

Just checked the RCCL website for shore excursions. Go to carribean, Ocho RIos and then down to River Tubing Safari. It shows $54. GO,ENJOY AND HAVE FUN.
Old November 12th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Gill

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: western carribean excursions

Hi, Just booked on Splendour for the Nov 29 Panama Canal cruise. Have been to Caribbean last year with Celebrity, but didn't go anywhere where might have encountered spiders. This sounds different as many of the shore excursions appear to be walking in jungly places. Are they a problem, please, as I have a real fear, and would have to select very carefully - particularly interested in the tubes but see that some jungle walking is also involved. Any input welcomed. Thanks.
Old November 12th, 2003, 06:06 PM
LYDELL @ BILLIE DAUSTER

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: western carribean excursions

No snakes in Jamaca. Spiders I dont know about. However you only walk from the bus to the river ablut 25 ft. and all the grass is cut. When you get out the grass and underbrush nas been cut or removed. I didnt see anything myself.
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Gill

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: western carribean excursions

Thanks for that reassurance. Snakes are no problem, we have them in our French holiday house garden, and these include adders, but spiders, well that's another matter. Glad to hear that the walking is not that difficult underfoot. Gill