Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to ydoodle
Default Alternative restaurants on formal nights

We are traveling with friends and sailing on the Brilliance 3/29/04 for 11 days. This one cruise we didn't want to take formal clothes and were hoping the alternative restaurants didn't require formal wear? Anyone know what the policy is and what would we need for the other two...semi-formal nights? Anyone scheduled on the Brilliance the same week?
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Jennifer Kopcza

Default Re: Alternative restaurants on formal nights

I won't be on the cruise you are on, but just got back from Serenade of the Seas repo cruise and went to Chops for dinner one night. Just so you know, they told me when I made the reservation for dinner for Chops that it is Smart Casual. We dressed that way, but others wore suits, it's not required to dress up though. Hope this helps..

Jenn
Old November 12th, 2003, 08:48 PM
First Mate

I had been on the Brilliance last year. If it's a formal night, it's expected to dress formal even to the alternative restaurants.

Semi-formal is a nice dress or pantsuit for women and at least a sports jacket, shirt and tie, dress slacks for men.

If you pack this, you will be ready for any dining on the ship.

I felt the same way you do about formal night when I went on the Brilliance cruise, but now I dress up, my husband in a black suit and I wear a long dress or skirt and top. It's no big deal. Now I look forward to it.

You are going to love this cruise,its a great ship and itinerary. Have fun.

2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old November 16th, 2003, 09:21 AM
hcat

With three formal mights on Summit cruise we planned to do the alt rest on the middle formal night- Will we be missing anyhting special or should we do the alt rest another night ??? I think 3 formal nights may not be popular with my husb!!!
Old November 17th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Sharon Coray

Default Has RCCL cut down on food and entertainment quality?

We just returend from a cruise on the Norwegian Wind, it was the worst cruise we have ever been on. We are experienced cruisers and noticed that the quality of food and the way it was presented was awful. The entertainment included a "juggler" and the winner of the amature show on one of their other ships. It was very dissapointing, we are booked on the Jewel Of The Seas for a transalantic crusie next year, we hate the Freestyle and hope that the other cruise lines are not going to go this way. The service is what I would call bad and would not tip for but they already knew the tip was coming so the waiters were more interested in each other and messing around than serving the guests. Can anyone who has cruised a lot tell me if RCCL is cutting costs like NCL?
The food was much like you find in your local buffet or diner. They just plopped it down on your plate with noting fancy. The menu was obviously cut down, no shrimp, lobster,
halibut or other fish other than Salmon. It consisted of pork, chicken, steak that was like jerky and lamb. We have crusied on RCCL before and really enjoyed it.

Thanks for your help.
Sharon