Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2003, 11:11 PM
Passenger

Default JUST BACK AND HAD A BLAST!

Hi everyone, just back from Majesty of the Seas and we has such a great time! I can't believe what a great time we had...this will definately be the first of many. The ship was beautiful and there was so much to do. My favorite memory was when we were in Nassau and we were docked next to the Fantasy-you know the party ship. Well, we were scheduled to leave port at midnight and at 11:45 they had a HUGE party on deck 11 poolside for the whole ship with club music drinks and 3 huge grills. We were doing the electric slide and we had so much LOUD fun. You could see the people over on Carnival ship looking at us like 'hey they are having a great time, we are on the wrong ship!' If anyone has any questions, I'm here.

Oh yeah and my 3 year old loved the childrens activities too!
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2003, 12:28 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: JUST BACK AND HAD A BLAST!

threetrees,

Our very first cruise was on the Majesty of the Seas two years ago and we had a blast too. That got us hooked on cruising and we have taken two since then. Our Majesty cruise was the 3-day cruise and the only thing that went wrong was that we missed going to Coco Cay because of bad weather. We weren't able to tender in due to high waves. I wish they would have had us go regular speed back to the US and stop in Key West. Instead they said we would just slowly go back to Miami. Key West would have been better than just slowly floating our way back to Miami. Other than that we had a great time.

Luanne

Old November 22nd, 2003, 07:53 AM
FLJOY

threetrees

Thanks for posting that, We are going on the Majesty in two weeks, and now I really can't wait!
Did you get to go to Cococay? was it warm enough to go swimming?
Sounds like you had a great time!
Old November 22nd, 2003, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Three,
Majesty of the Seas was our first Royal Caribbean cruise and we too loved it, kids as well. So glad to hear you enjoyed it enough to go again and again.....

Welcome back!

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 24th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Passenger

Hi FLJOY, yes you do go to CocoCay on a tender which is every 20 minutes-it is three of them and the wait is not long to get off the ship and the tender holds A LOT of people. Anyway, the island was very pretty but really lacked things to do. In all fairness, it was like 95 degress my 3yr old kept saying it was so hot her eyes were hot(yes this was last Wendesday) and the sun was ver very bright and HOT! From the time we got off the tender, there is sand everywhere-after a while, that was aggrevating. But, if you loved water sports then this is the place for you. A lot of people enjoyed waterskiing and stuff-not many swam even though it was very pretty (it was that stingray special they showed on tv that morning for us) Then they had the same items for sale in the huts that you saw the day before in Nassau only more expensive. My advise is the jewlery and watches on board were beuatiful-next time I will bring a larger allotment for the jewlery...also, the liquor was so inexpensive it was ridiculous..ie, 2 bottles of Gold Crown was 25.00-therefore, of course, money would have to go to that too. If you see any statues or bahamian works of art, get them from Nassau, we didn;t think the cane (and a couple of other statues) was very cheap, but with each port, the same exact stuff increased price-wise dramically. I wish I had gotten this mask for 7.99 but we were being stingy, the next port in CC, it was 25.99 and in KW it was 19.99. I am kicking myself with that one.

Jewel Of The Seas 04/01/2007

Majesty of the Seas 11/17/2003
Old November 25th, 2003, 08:48 AM
FLJOY

Default Re: Re: JUST BACK AND HAD A BLAST!

THREETREES
Thanks soooo much! your little three year old sounds sooo cute! eyes are hot! omg!
Now I will be able to pack without all this confusion, going to the beach takes a lot of extra packing , lotions, flip flops, towels, beach bags,etc,etc..... I am really looking forward to it now, I can't wait.
Glad that you had nice weather, I had read alot of stories about it being so rough that they could not get to cococay this time of year.
I guess you will have to just book another cruise to go back and get that mask!
thanks for all the tips you were such a big help!
It also sounds like I need more shopping $$$$ .....
I am really glad you and your family enjoyed it sooo much, nice to read good reviews!
FLJOY
Old November 28th, 2003, 10:29 AM
Beginner

We were on the Majesty of the Seas in Sept. and from the moment we stepped on the ship until we got off we had a wonderful time. The staff was awesome and so was the food. CoCoCay was awesome...when we got off the boat that took us to the island we kept walking to our right and ended up in a cove practiclay by ourselves...it was quiet (except for the rooster) and relaxing...the water was so clear and we really did swim with stingrays...and yes we got the cruising bug and we will be on another one next summer...so to all that is leaving soon we are so jealous!!!!!!! Have a great time!!!!!
Old November 29th, 2003, 09:57 PM
First Mate

FLJoy, you don't need towels. The ship provides them for you and you leave them in your room for pick-up afterward. Less to pack!!
Old November 30th, 2003, 11:42 AM
FLJOY

Default Re: Re: JUST BACK AND HAD A BLAST!

Kathie
thanks for the tip.....less to pack sounds great!
FLJoy