Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Rosemary Lancaster

Default Share in Red October Tour

We will be a party of four on the new Jewel of the Seas, sailing out of Harwich, England on May 16.
We have been in contact with Laura of Red October and have reserved her for the two days we shall be in St.Petersburg.
I know she can take more than four.
Anyone interested in sharing in this two-day tour?
Rosemary
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Share in Red October Tour

We would be interested but how do they handle the visa requirement when booked separately like this?
Old November 27th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

With a Red October tour there are no visa required. Just the tour tickets they'll send you.
Here's a link to an article I wrote about St. Pete and Red October, that should help.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...Petersburg.cfm

If you get 6 people it should bring your costs into the neighborhood of $100/per person/ per day. WELL worth it!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 27th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Rosemary Lancaster

Default Re: Re: Share in Red October Tour

Flwg is the info. I received from Laura at RO:
Regarding non-visa participation in tours:
---------------------------------------------------

Since we are a professional travel agency and you do not plan to travel or venture on your own and buy all services from us, you do not need individual Russian visas.

The procedure for non-visa participation in tours is the following

To go ashore without visas you will only need to have our excursions tickets which will be your permit to participate in shore excursions organized by our company. Thus when you take your
decision to acquire our services and confirm that to us, we will send you the required tickets by
mail. For that we would request your home address.

You will need these tickets each time you go ashore and you will have to show them to the
immigration officers along with your passport.

Please kindly do not leave them in your cabin and keep them with your passport each time you go ashore.

All other passengers who are buying excursions from the shore excursions office on board will also have their tickets for excursions but those tickets are printed by Princess Cruises or another Cruise Line on board the ship and consequently will differ from ours. Your tickets are printed by our company. To settle down this permit (non-visa participation in shore excursions) with our local immigration authorities I will need all your group members' passport details: Full name, Date and Place of Birth, Passport numbers, Passport Dates of issue and expiry, Nationality and Citizenship. We will have to submit them to the Immigration authorities 5 days prior the ship's call at St Petersburg.
As for meeting our clients we meet them at the terminal area. After you go through the passport control cabins you will see RED OCTOBER LAND SEA TRAVEL representatives and your guide. There is no need for us to come on board because you have your excursions tickets well in advance before you leave from the States.

----- Original Message -----
Old November 27th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Rosemary Lancaster

Default Re: Re: Share in Red October Tour

Thanks, Kuki. You are right about the pricing - I got quoted as follows:

The per person cost of the program without lunch and Gold Room:

If you are 2 is $ 250 pp, If you are 4 is $ 167 pp, If you are 6 is $ 133 pp, if you are 8 is $ 124 pp, if you are 10 is $ 112 pp.

The above costs include car transportation, highly qualified English speaking guide services, entrance fees to the museums as mentioned in the program.

I could send you their schedule proposed for us. We can make changes - I was told not to miss the Gold Room and need more time shopping at the end - give me too much time and I could go off the deep end!
Old November 27th, 2003, 11:03 PM
Yeoman

XLNT..will save info and wait to see if wife gets the vacation time!