Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2003, 06:56 AM
First Mate

Default Johnny Rockets

I have heard the MILK SHAKES at Johnny Rockets are an extra charge? Can you eat there for free?
Libby
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2003, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Johnny Rockets

Hi Libby,
Yes, the food is free, you just pay for drinks.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 1st, 2003, 11:35 AM
beccab

not all of the food is free! As soon as you sit down, you are given a platter of onion rings and fries and dipping sauce. This is free but if you order a burger, sandwich, ice cream or drinks, you have to apy for them,
Old December 1st, 2003, 12:41 PM
Passenger

When we were on AOS in Sept, the food was free. It was drinks and shakes that were extra.
Old December 1st, 2003, 01:00 PM
LYDELL @ BILLIE DAUSTER

We were just on the Voyager of the Seas. They do give you onion rings and frenchfries before you order. The food is free just like the rest of the ship. However the drinks cost. The malts are great. Didnt get back to try the apple pie. Have fun.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 10:59 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Johnny Rockets

None of the food is "FREE", you are paying a lot money to be on that ship!

Yes, the shakes are extra, the burgers and stuff are included in your cruise price. The shakes were great, the burger was the worst burger I have ever had.

Royal Caribbean - Navigator of the Seas - 9/27/2003
Old December 2nd, 2003, 11:47 AM
Yeoman

We had great shakes on "Explorer" but crappy ones on "Radiance."
Old December 2nd, 2003, 09:44 PM
Passenger

We loved Johnny Rockets when we were on Mariner two weeks ago- all the food was great - especially the Apple Pie. The shakes were $3.00 and soft drinks $1.50, but everything else was "free".

Melissa
Old December 3rd, 2003, 06:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Johnny Rockets

I keep reading conflicting reports on this subject. Some of you say that the sodas are included with the soda card while others say there's a charge. Of course we plan on paying for the shakes..havent heard any bad reviews there.. but how can people on the same ship have different experiences? Isn't there a standard ship policy?

I've also read that there's a charge for deserts so I guess that includes the apple pie.

Mimi
Old December 4th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Yeoman

Maybe the conflict is due to the soda being for "fountain soda" only. If you get a can, they are going to charge you separately. I did see this causing some irratation onboard the "Radiance" a couple of months ago.
Old December 6th, 2003, 04:51 PM
Marybet

We just got off the Navigator. If you have a soda card, then the fountain drinks at Johnny Rockets are free -- and they have a better selection than at the bars. The shakes are extra, and I can't remember what else was extra. We enjoyed 2 orders of fries and rings and all six got sandwiches and sodas -- no charge.
Old December 8th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Gary Karschnick

They charged us $3.50 for shakes on the Mariner last week. Shakes were so-so and kind of small. The burgers were ok but nothing better than those served in the windjammer.
Old December 10th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Roy Hatch

Cool! We'll be on Voyager on Dec. 14. Last time we were on Voyager (2001) we had to pay for ALL of the food in Johnny Rockets-- no free onion rings or anything else. Glad to hear they've changed that policy.
Old December 10th, 2003, 09:24 PM
aberfoyle

Hey, just got off the Voyager on Sunday Dec 7. Went to Johnny Rockets twice. You get all the food you could want for free! You only pay for the drinks. Unlike most of you people, I found the shakes to be just ordinary (same as McDonalds!). They must have run out of glasses because we got the smallest water glass filled with the shake. For $3.50 it was not at all worth it. They put whipped cream on top so all you taste is the whipped cream. My chocolate shake tasted like a vanilla shake. The burgers had absolutely no taste at all. The onion rings were covered in a crusty batter that was overcooked. Needless to say but I was not impressed.
Old December 14th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Passenger

We just got back form the 11/30 on the Mariner. We ate at Johnny Rockets all we paid for were the soda as we did not buy the package. The burgers we had were excellent as were the onion rings. Was a nice change from the Windjammer and a bunch of bug=rgers in a pan.