Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Passenger

Default Just Back from Adventure of the Seas-Any Questions?

My husband, 3 kids (5, 9, and 13) and I just returned from the Adventure of the Seas. Everyone on these boards was so helpful for the past few months when we were planning our cruise. If anyone has any questions about the Adventure, I would be happy to answer them.
Sincerely,
Jill

Old January 6th, 2004, 12:03 PM
D Walstead

Default Re: Just Back from Adventure of the Seas-Any Questions?

We leave Fb 8th on AOS. What shore excursions did you do? What beaches did you go to and where? What time did you board? Did you do anything in San Juan and if so what? What were your favorite parts of the trip and what didn't you like?
Old January 6th, 2004, 07:35 PM
LC

Hi; Welcome back!!! We are leaving on AOS on Jan 18th. Can't wait.Our 5th cruise, but 1st time on AOS and going to Aruba and Curacao. Our children ages 7 and 10 love cruising too.We are hoping to hop into a town car to the ship like we do in Miami and Ft Lauderdale. How did you get to the ship? We are beach bums so are looking forward to beautiful white sandy beaches. Thanks LC
Old January 6th, 2004, 08:07 PM
First Mate

Which itin. did you do? We are going to St Thomas, St Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados and were wondering which nights were formal. What are the times for main and late seating? How long does it take to disembark?

Old January 6th, 2004, 10:50 PM
kahliasmom

Moai, I think you on SOTS? I am doing that itinerary and the ship is SOTS. For SOTS, I have learned that the formal nights are Sunday and Thursday. The midnight buffet is Thursday or so someone said that did this itin before. Muster is 8:15 and dinner seating is if I recall correctly from all my research 6:30 and 9:00. Second seating sure seems late to me. This is not official just what I've gathered here and at cruisecritic.com.
Old January 7th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Passenger

Leave on AOS on 2/8/04. Can you book Portofino's in advance of sailing? Can you buy liquor in ship store and pay fee for in room use, like I have read on internet? Was it hard to get tickets for ice show? Was food in main dining room good?
Old January 7th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Just Back from Adventure of the Seas-Any Questions?

Dear moai:

Our itinerary was Aruba, Curacao, St. Maartin and St. Thomas.
Our formal nights were the 2nd night (mon. night) and tthe 4th night (wed. night-but I think this was because it was New Year's Eve-I think normally the formal nights are the 2nd and the 5th nights.)
Main seating was 6:30 p.m. and late seating was 9:00 p.m.
Happy Cruising,
Jill

Old January 7th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Passenger

Dear Moai:
Forgot to answer your last question. It takes about 2 hours to disembark. We relaxed on lounges in the Solarium until our flight was called.
Jill

Old January 8th, 2004, 12:25 AM
First Mate

Gordon, we have been on Explorer twice (sister ship) and had no problem getting ice show tickets. Just go when they first are given out. I know people who waited and didn't get them. Portifino's can be booked early, I think, and I am expecting good food in the dining room as we had on Explorer. We always eat dinner in the dining room and most other meals. Buffets are the kiss of death for us--eat way too much. Not sure about the liquor. It used to be you could buy it and they wouldn't let you keep it until you disembarked to go home. We are on the 2/8 cruise also, as is D. Walstead (above). Are you flying in early? If so where are you staying? We will be at the Condado Plaza on Sat. 2/7. Cabin is 3620 on ship.
Woohoo! Got our docs today! Doin' the dance!

Explorer E. Carib. 1/12/02
Explorer W. Carib. 1/18/03
Summit Alaska cruise/tour 8/3/03
Adventure S. Carib. 2/8/04
Old January 8th, 2004, 09:12 PM
First Mate

Dear Jill:
Thank you so much for answering all my questions. We still have 192 days to go but are very exited about our first cruise.

kahliasmom , the AOS has both itin. they alternate Sunday departure.

Old January 8th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Passenger

My wife and I fly down on the day before with two other couples. We stay at the Wyndam Condado. Not received docs yet - now I'll be anxious about that. Thanks for info.
Old January 9th, 2004, 01:11 AM
First Mate

I've got about 40 people going on AOS July 11-18.

Is the ship in pretty good shape, or is it starting to show a little wear and tear?
Old January 10th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Joanie Blair

Hi Jill! We are sailing on the MAriner of the Seas on 2/1/04 and also have 3 children, 6, 13 and 16. What excursions did you do in St. Thomas and St. Maarten? Do you know of any beaches on St. Maarten that DO NOT allow nudity??? Thanks so much!!!
Old January 11th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Sari

I'm a 34 y.o. female going on Adventure of Seas on 2/8 with parents to celebrate my father's birthday. Did you notice if there were very many single men on your cruise? Also, for the 2 formal nights, how do the women usually dress? I've been on 3 Princess cruises and 1 NCL and really looking forward to this RC one next month.
Old January 12th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Passenger

Sailing on the A.O.S. on January 25. Thanks for sharing info with us.

Adventure Of The Seas

Old January 12th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Beth L.

How was the food at Jade, Chops Grill and Portofino?