Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:13 PM
Passenger

Default Radiance 12/21/03 First time cruisers have questions!

Hi,
Thanks in advance for any information you can provide. We're cruising on Radiance over Christmas. Is it safe for my 13 year old boys to wander around on their own? Do kids go to formal nights, and if so, what should they wear? Can I bring a bottle of wine? Are there drawers in the staterooms?
I could go on and on, I have lots of questions. We would appreciate any helpful hints, tips, things learned from experience. I'M SO EXCITED!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Radiance 12/21/03 First time cruisers have questions!

We took our 13 year old and 16 year old on the Enchanment last year and both had a wonderful time ...Let them get into the age related activities on the first day and you'll likely not see them again..My girls did join us for formal nights and dressed in long dresses each night ...the fifteen year old thought she was Vanna White!!! I know they will have a lot of fun and so will you.
Old December 9th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Jack B Hayes

We have sailed many times over Christmas but this is our first time on RCI. I am sure there will be drawers in your stateroom, One of the first things we do is unpack our suitcases. See you on the Radiance!!
Old December 10th, 2003, 02:35 PM
HHB

Our family of six (Two adults, three teens and one 11-year-old) just got back from the Western Caribbean on Radiance. It was wonderful! There are six drawers in the desk and a lot of closet space. There are only two electrical outlets on the desk--we really made use of the extension cords we brought, for hair appliances and a small alarm clock.

Our kids wandered around now and then on their own, but it was nice to keep in touch with hand-held radios so we could join each other. The Adventure Ocean activities were excellent, but only the 11-year-old had many companions his age.

Our boys wore suits on formal nights, as did most of the men on board. The big mystery was the "smart casual" night when no one seemed to know just what to wear.

We all climbed the rock wall the first day and it never opened again because of windy or damp weather. So don't miss out! Any other questions? I've only been home two days and already I wish I could go again. Have a good time!